Recording SOLD price

Buntley

Likes Dirt
When looking to buy an item, especially a complete bike, looking at previous sales in sold section is a good way to work out market value.

Unfortunately the sold price is often deleted when the sold post is made.

Obviously there would be no obligation to offer up this info, but is there any way to encourage sellers to leave this info in the add after the item has been sold.

Just a thought!

moorey

call me Mia
When looking to buy an item, especially a complete bike, looking at previous sales in sold section is a good way to work out market value.

Obviously there would be no obligation to offer up this info, but is there any way to encourage sellers to leave this info in the add after the item has been sold.

Just a thought!
Agreed. Have thought this many times. Buntley for mod.

pharmaboy

Eats Squid
Yeah, always wondered what The fuck is going on in someone's mind when they think they have to hide the price after the fact?

Could be a justified requirement, 1) it would help stop the dreamy prices from time wasters, 2) open information to the detriment of flippers.

Pastavore

Eats Squid
Buntley for mod.
Pfffft. Sure, he's spoken eloquently on an important issue. But where is his posting history? What do we know about him? Where does he stand on important issues such as wheel size, avid brakes, and riding trails in the rain?

There is a big risk in disturbing the mod status quo, upsetting the deiicate balance between Johnny's considered libertarianism, Dozer's entertaining yet brutal wielding of the banning stick and your own enigmatic style.

I will reserve my judgement until after his address to the press club.

moorey

call me Mia
Pfffft. Sure, he's spoken eloquently on an important issue. But where is his posting history? What do we know about him? Where does he stand on important issues such as wheel size, avid brakes, and riding trails in the rain?

There is a big risk in disturbing the mod status quo, upsetting the deiicate balance between Johnny's considered libertarianism, Dozer's entertaining yet brutal wielding of the banning stick and your own enigmatic style.

I will reserve my judgement until after his address to the press club.
Good point.
wheel size, buntley?

aero165

Likes Dirt

Just a thought!
Totally agree. I was actually going to mention this but you beat me to it.

John U

MTB Precision

Just a thought!
I have always thought this. Keeping the thread without sale price is a total waste of space. With the sale price is useful information.

Anyone who has ever studied house auction results would surely agree.

Buntley

Likes Dirt
It's as simple as asking/suggesting sellers to add the sold price when they change the header to sold.

It would also reduce the chance of new players, like myself, paying too much for an item, and as Pharmaboy said, it'll help stop flippers from profiteering.

If the basic idea of the Trading forum is to help promote fair exchanges between RB members, I reckon this could only help.

Up to the Mods I suppose.

Last edited: