Red Ass Downhill NSW ACT State Series - Official Thread

norco man

Likes Bikes
You would then need to close the XC trails as you'd need to use the closest shuttle road or...............pedal to the normal shuttle spot. Der!:p
Yeah rolling through to get to the shuttle spot after each run is a tad different to having to do it in a race run.....

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
closing the xc track down the bottom for like 6hr so it could finish up there

you will find you will get more riders without the bottom pedal, most riders will agree that will make stromlo so much more enjoyable my 2cent again

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
you will find you will get more riders without the bottom pedal, most riders will agree that will make stromlo so much more enjoyable my 2cent again
That is a good point. A venue like Stromlo can handle hundreds of riders, it would be a shame to turn people off the race if they wanted to avoid "the pedal". I know it is part of the track but it only exists for UCI events doesn't it? Wasn't it only ever put in place because a UCI event requires the four cross and the downhill to finish in the same gate?
For the record, I don't mind the single track directly after the table top but when it opens up just before the gap and the drops it gets a bit dull.

bighitben

Likes Dirt
can the finish for stomlo be at the end of the table top after the triple triple?

that would make stromlo so much more enjoyable, just an idea
This guy is on the money. And it would make a good finish area for spectating.

I agree with Ryan, i thought it was a really fun track last year and had a sick atmosphere. Just hope it is in decent condition.

pott

Likes Bikes
if I had to say do i like or hate stromlo, I would be leaning to the hate side. But that doesnt mean that im not going to race there. It doesnt matter where a race is held or what type of track it is i will still turn up and have a great time because i love benig on my bike. yeh i would be nice to have perfect tracks everytime we race but (well deffenitly me) most of us arent pros. lets just ride

If it's feasible to finish just after the Triple Triple, I think it sounds like a good idea. Would make for a good atmosphere to finish there, will hopefully get a few more people to the race as there won't be "the pedal", and we may be able to run the shuttles from near that point anyway. It's a good spot for spectators for sure.

I'll check with TVE to see if there's any reason why we can't finish there, but I can't see why not.

Any serious objection to finishing there let me know. dh(at)corc.asn.au

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If it's feasible to finish just after the Triple Triple, I think it sounds like a good idea. Would make for a good atmosphere to finish there, will hopefully get a few more people to the race as there won't be "the pedal", and we may be able to run the shuttles from near that point anyway. It's a good spot for spectators for sure.

I'll check with TVE to see if there's any reason why we can't finish there, but I can't see why not.

Any serious objection to finishing there let me know. dh(at)corc.asn.au
I wouldn't drive ten hours to ride half of the track. The bottom half is fun too! Don't skimp on it.

B.utters

Likes Dirt
I'm surprised there is a state series with the amount of people who whine about tracks.

Boo hoo Awaba is too dangerous

Wah wah You have to pedal at Ourimbah and Stromlo.

Jesus tap dancing christ harden the fuck up.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm surprised there is a state series with the amount of people who whine about tracks.

Boo hoo Awaba is too dangerous

Wah wah You have to pedal at Ourimbah and Stromlo.

Jesus tap dancing christ harden the fuck up.
Thank Christ for Coffs Harbour eh!;)

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
Everyone who loves to pedal soo much needs to take up XC (plenty of pedalling to do there). DH should be about flow and holding speed through technical sections not about how fit u are.

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
I wouldn't drive ten hours to ride half of the track. The bottom half is fun too! Don't skimp on it.
Its hardly like your missing half the track, 30+ secs of pedal its not like we're starting after the rock garden.

The pedal doesn't need to be in it like you said before it was the for uci rules that the 4x and dh had to finish at the same spot.

B.utters

Likes Dirt
Everyone who loves to pedal soo much needs to take up XC (plenty of pedalling to do there). DH should be about flow and holding speed through technical sections not about how fit u are.
AHAHAHAHAHAH Why don't you weld your cranks into place buddy?

BKelly

teh fast
Everyone who hates pedaling so much needs to take up riding motor bikes . . . :rolleyes:

swatto90

Likes Dirt
pedal

why finish it at triple treat. there is still wallaby run if its going to finish early finish it at the table at wallaby run and miss the last little pedal.
i think people should just toughen up and pedal its a bike it has pedals and is designed to do it. just my 2 cents

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Finishing it at Triple Treat is a stupid idea, that just makes it 1:30 minute track?
If anything finish it it 20 or so metres from the Wallaby table top so you miss out on a huge pedal but you still have to put in a few cranks or so.

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
Finishing it at Triple Treat is a stupid idea, that just makes it 1:30 minute track?
If anything finish it it 20 or so metres from the Wallaby table top so you miss out on a huge pedal but you still have to put in a few cranks or so.
For lack of better reasoning for the poor fella, I'm going to guess he actually meant TRIPLE TRIPLE, and that he meant after the big dog table top, and eliminate the pedal afterwards.

Finishing it after Triple Treat is just smack talk.