Red Hill 27th June

shauno

Likes Bikes and Dirt
same here, i odnt hace a migraine but im not feeling crash hot.

SORRY! do lots of work and cleaing up in memorie for chris and i :D

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
We had a good day.

I spent alot of time cleaning up;

When I got there the Northshore was on the ground in a big pile, so I neatly stashed it so it was not hazardous.

I also cleaned up a garbage bag full of rubish.

We did a little bit of building on the jumps near where you come in.

The jump park is looking better than ever, IMO!!

See ya's next time!!
Adrian

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
matmytka said:
Chris, was up there today and a new jump got built, it leads into the third rythm, kinda like a right hand hip. It's sick.
I reckon you should fix the smaller four pack, make the landings wider and the second one a bit longer.
Thanks to those who helped out today!!

We tweaked the second double in the four pack and now there is no need to slow down for it!!

chrus

Likes Dirt
Shintaro said:
We had a good day.

I spent alot of time cleaning up;

When I got there the Northshore was on the ground in a big pile, so I neatly stashed it so it was not hazardous.

I also cleaned up a garbage bag full of rubish.

We did a little bit of building on the jumps near where you come in.

The jump park is looking better than ever, IMO!!

See ya's next time!!
Adrian
Good work mate. I hope the regulars helped you out mate, and do there bit to keep it looking nice.

sparky_12

Likes Dirt
today was sweet, we had a good time. thankfully we got rid of the northshore, and thanks to every one who helped. Hey matmya, did u end up clearing or doing th jump that u couldn't get

mtbmx

Likes Dirt
the new jump leading into the pack isss sick but u get a lil to much speed for the 4th but its mad overall

big_pete

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hey guys

I had a look at the new jumps yesterday (without bike) there looking prittey darn sick , ive got to come up soon give you a hand making the jumps and hopefull do them :lol:

Pete

Inverted

Likes Dirt
Hey Shintaro your a champ for cleaning up yesterday it looks 100 times better. Also Matt your dedication to Red Hill is remarkable, for a guy who live an hours drive from the place who puts in the hard yards and has a fucked back should be applauded. All the young riders in the area should be very grateful for everyone who has worked there.
Just one negative thing I must say is I did see fresh rubbish from Sunday arv. Again take you rubbish home you fucken litter bugs because if I catch you Im gunna kick you in your unas.

PS. To the Dad who took the rubbish away in his car, your a legend.

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
One of the bushwalkers noticed I had picked up a plastic bag of rubbish in the morning an made the effort to come and thank me. So I thanked him for thanking me. By the end of the day I had cleaned up a garbage bag full of rubbish, and there was very little rubbish left around (unless in the fading light I could not see it). The majority of the rubbish was, Plastic Drink Bottles, Lollie Wrappers, Chip Packets, Coke Cans & Macca's!!
Just think that if I can clean up a garbage bag of rubbish by myself, if everyone just made a little effort to keep the place clean, starting by taking your own rubbish with you, and maybe just picking up anything else you see...............then the area would be alot cleaner for everyone to enjoy.

My final rant is that with the North Shore gone, and rubbish removed the council inspectors who are supposed to be inspecting there over the next few weeks, may consider the effects of the jump park on the Red Hill environment to be of minor concern (as opposed to a rubbish dump for selfish enviro vandal MTBikers.)

And where the Northshore was is the already perfect shape for a massive horseshoe burm!! :wink:

technoboy

Dirty Imports
sick!!!!

Nice work on the rubbish,
Me and Matt picked up heaps on saturday Thanks guys for filling up the massive hole @ the top!!!!
So did anyone do any digging on sunday?
I hope so,
cause If we built on Saturday and you guys just rode it wouldn't be very fair don't you think?
And if this is the case i'll just make the new one bigger...
Its not worth building something if your not going to finish it!!!!
:evil: :evil: :evil:
I may not of been there but it doesn't mean you can't pick up a shovel!!!
Shintaro its good to see someone else thats keen to put in some effort!!! :wink:

Rik

logged out
Shintaro said:
And where the Northshore was is the already perfect shape for a massive horseshoe burm!! :wink:
I thought you could put some water and a wave machine in and have a beach there, it's sandy enough :p

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
Me, Matt & some of the youngsters did about an hour of building.

The four pack on the right hand side of the jump park was cleaned up & tweaked.

Also the crate hip jump can now be done going right (just filled in the pothole on this one)

And there was a beginners jump next to the crate hip jump with no landing, so me and some youngsters shaped a better landing ramp for it, while Matt & others finished tweaking the second one in the four pack.

I understand some people think the sandy burm will attract moto riders who will trash the burm, but it would make a sweet finish to the Rythm sections.........

technoboy

Dirty Imports
sweet...

yeah sweet,
thanks for the extra help hope to see you up there again...
If we make a berm after the rhythm section it should be sweet as long as it comes out of the last landind the moto's won't be able to get to it...
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I sure would love to get the big transfer going next weekend!!!!