Red Hill; Legal trails

TM2

Likes Bikes
Whats sawtooth and bowsaw? Never heard of these
Sawtooth starts at Seawinds carpark (the overflow/MTB one) and makes its way to rosebud direction, mainly downhill (especially towards the end). Bowsaw essentially goes the opposite direction towards Seawinds, on the other side of the fire trail.

The last section of Sawtooth (might be called Rollercoaster?) Is insane fun for a average rider like myself, flow trail down the hill. I can imagine in Summer it will be super popular.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Sawtooth starts at Seawinds carpark (the overflow/MTB one) and makes its way to rosebud direction, mainly downhill (especially towards the end). Bowsaw essentially goes the opposite direction towards Seawinds, on the other side of the fire trail.

The last section of Sawtooth (might be called Rollercoaster?) Is insane fun for a average rider like myself, flow trail down the hill. I can imagine in Summer it will be super popular.
Are they clearly signed now that they are legal?

kip01

Likes Dirt
Well there you go Red Hill is my local and I didn't know about these. Anyone got a map for them

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
No idea I've only ridden RH once and it was in February hah! Just had looked it up on Trailforks about 5 minutes before you asked the question :p

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well there you go Red Hill is my local and I didn't know about these. Anyone got a map for them
I raced sawtooth at last years Red Hill enduro. Bottom half was mad fun, blown out off camber goodness. Little bit of a peddling through the middle. The fire road climb back out of it is brutal, I walked from memory lol. There was no climbing trail back then but can't imagine it would be too bad once you get to it. Worst part of the fire road is before you get to the new climbing trail.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Are they clearly signed now that they are legal?
Clearly signed now.
Cool might check them out, what's the climb like back up?
The worst part is the fire road from the bottom to the start of Bow saw. Bow saw itself isn't too bad, a definate improvement on fire road all the way up. It's longer than the fire road but I always prefer single track if available.

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Any idea when crusher will be ready ?
Thought the same when I was there yesterday. Haven't been there for a while but from the start of Pins and Needles it looks like they've completely remodelled the start of Crusher and a whole bunch of new berms have gone in. Kinda looks like it'll be starting from a different spot to where it did for last year's race too.

Boom King

Thought the same when I was there yesterday. Haven't been there for a while but from the start of Pins and Needles it looks like they've completely remodelled the start of Crusher and a whole bunch of new berms have gone in. Kinda looks like it'll be starting from a different spot to where it did for last year's race too.
Looks like it will start somewhere off Slippery Gypsy.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Has anyone ridden that ghetto hidden trail half way down pins and needles with the steep off camber shoots its fun in the wet

Boom King

Has anyone ridden that ghetto hidden trail half way down pins and needles with the steep off camber shoots its fun in the wet
It's called Crusher. It's been extended and will be part of the legal network but isn't open yet.

kip01

Likes Dirt
Did sawtooth this afternoon was good fun climb back up no so fun anyone know when bow saw will be open

danncam

Likes Dirt
Did sawtooth this afternoon was good fun climb back up no so fun anyone know when bow saw will be open
You have to climb the first brutal 200 metres or so, and then bowsaw is on your left as the fire trail veers right