Red Hill; Legal trails

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I only know so far what's in the video. I will add more info as I find it.

As mentioned in the clip, it is just a trial period at this stage, so should not be taken as unshakeable gospel. Things could well change if it goes well, but that will be entirely up to Eagle management..

But please, do your best to make it a successful trial so that permanent accessibility becomes a reality.
$45 for a 3 hour pass, 10 till 1 or 1 till 4, weekdays only.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I saw those times / dates and weekdays only. It's like an acid test, they're really not making it as easy and appealing as they could but I definitely want to try it out.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I saw those times / dates and weekdays only. It's like an acid test, they're really not making it as easy and appealing as they could but I definitely want to try it out.
Weekdays only??!? Are they trying to sabotage the trial?
It's good news with the hope of moving forward but The Eagle operaters are not really coming at us with open arms are they?

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Anyone keen to give the lift a shot Thursday? I'm looking at the morning slot.

Jpez

Down on the left!
I’ve only ridden Red hill once so not real familiar with the area.
Where in relation to the main lot of trails does the chairlift start and finish?
Is there a map anywhere where I can check it out?

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Seems like an easy way to minimise numbers and therefor shut the option down
maybe it’s just to get an idea of demand without impacting on their bread and butter on the weekend.

Seems fair enough to start off slow and once they get a feel for it, open up one or two weekends and reassess.

I’m gonna give it a crack next week and see how it goes

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
I’ve only ridden Red hill once so not real familiar with the area.
Where in relation to the main lot of trails does the chairlift start and finish?
Is there a map anywhere where I can check it out?
Trail maps are available on the Red Hill Riders website. The majority of the trails are about 2km away from either top or bottom stations of the Eagle, either along Boundary Rd at the bottom or Arthurs Seat Rd at the top. Charlottes (Trail 13) is the only trail close to, and best served by the lift; from the top station, head around the west side of the building & follow the path down alongside Purves Rd about 200m, then cross over into the Seawinds Garden entrance. Take the management track from the first carpark until you reach the Charlottes gate feature. From the bottom of Charlottes, take the fire road run out, then turn right onto the gravel road which takes you across the side of the hill to join the Arthurs Seat Rd. It's a relatively flat ride along the contour line, then head down hill when you hit the sealed road.