Red Hill; Legal trails

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Will do. There’s sickies being taken so shall work on a back up plan in case of bad wind. Weather not me
Harcourt! That was my backup plan first time I planned to go out to Arthur's seat and it was cancelled.

No lift, but the trails available are infinitely better than what can be accessed by the lift at Arthur's seat.

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Some of you may have heard of "Pick My Project", a $30 million grant fund from the Victorian government for heaps of community projects throughout the state. We submitted our Stage 2 project for partial funding, and have made it through the initial selection process to the public voting stage. You can jump on here to register and submit your vote of support for our little project.

A few points: you must be a Victorian resident to vote. When initially registered, you'll only be shown projects within 5km for metro or 50km for regional areas, but with a specific search (or just by jumping back to the direct link above) you'll be able to change your area to suit, and you won't be able to vote on projects outside that area. You'll also need to shortlist at least two other projects in the area to be able to lodge your vote.

Anyway, we appreciate every bit of support we can get, because we want to open up more awesome bits of dirt, which will not only reduce the pressure on what's already here, but also make life more fun and interesting for everyone who rides our dirt.

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Trails are riding awesomely right now, so well worth the trip even it does mean you have to ride up the hill.
Agree. Was out there last weekend and trails were mint.

Rock salt is fast becoming one of my favourites with a lot of exposed rock these days... Had a crack at the trail that forks off pins - pretty serious trail.

Will vote now for the project!

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
Sold! Great trails. Never get bored of lapping Pins and Fall. Especially can't wait to see what becomes of Crusher

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Bit late for the weekend riders, but following some works yesterday (Saturday), Fall Line is closed for the next few days to allow it to settle in. It's intended to reopen on Tuesday, pending assessment from the Trail Crew.

On another note, the trial period for bikes on the chairlift is ending soon, so if you haven't yet done so, jump on it! From what I can gather, the uptake has been pretty awesome, so it would seem mental for the operators to not make it a permanent thing, but at this point I haven't heard about anything beyond the trial period. I'll add anything as I hear about it, but otherwise keep tabs on the Eagle website and if necessary badger them to keep bike lifts running.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Are more accessible trails planned for near the chairlift if they do go ahead full time?

Would seem a shame to have the resource, but not the trails to match...

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Regardless of whether the lift takes bikes full time or not, there are signed and virtually sealed plans for more trails on that section of the hill. We just need funding to make them happen......

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I hope they extend the trial (or open it permanently to MTB's). Myself and a couple of mates had hoped to get over there but haven't had a chance yet.

EDIT: Sent them an e-mail too.

Last edited:

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Some of you may have heard of "Pick My Project", a $30 million grant fund from the Victorian government for heaps of community projects throughout the state. We submitted our Stage 2 project for partial funding, and have made it through the initial selection process to the public voting stage. You can jump on here to register and submit your vote of support for our little project.

A few points: you must be a Victorian resident to vote. When initially registered, you'll only be shown projects within 5km for metro or 50km for regional areas, but with a specific search (or just by jumping back to the direct link above) you'll be able to change your area to suit, and you won't be able to vote on projects outside that area. You'll also need to shortlist at least two other projects in the area to be able to lodge your vote.

Anyway, we appreciate every bit of support we can get, because we want to open up more awesome bits of dirt, which will not only reduce the pressure on what's already here, but also make life more fun and interesting for everyone who rides our dirt.
Huge thanks to everyone who voted for us in the Pick My Project thing; we have just been advised that our submission is SUCCESSFUL!!!! :D We're waiting on the final details from the PMP people, but the basic guts of it is that Stage 2 trail development just got a big step closer!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Huge thanks to everyone who voted for us in the Pick My Project thing; we have just been advised that our submission is SUCCESSFUL!!!! :D We're waiting on the final details from the PMP people, but the basic guts of it is that Stage 2 trail development just got a big step closer!
I just logged on to the website and saw you were successful. Great work!

teK--

Eats Squid
Well deserved. RHR do some great MTB advocacy.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wonder what happens if you stack one, I see they want your cc. I don't have the best track record at red hill. 1 visit for 1 stack lol.
But would love to try out a Torque!

Jesterarts

Likes Dirt
Soooo. I've been given a pass to go riding over Easter.
I'm thinking about hitting up Refill instead of Lysterfield.
However, it's been a while since I checked out these trails, and can't remember if there is anything HT appropriate.
Thoughts?
Weird question I know. But I'm lusting after some fun, but want to make sure my prize is still appealing after the club lights come on.

danncam

Likes Dirt
Some people ride Redhill on a HT. Not me, but I'm old and soft. It's plenty rutted and rocky in places so as long as the legs can soak it up you'll have fun