Red Hill; Legal trails

Jpez

Down on the left!
A shop called Balnarring Cycles I heard.

Sent from my Nokia 3.2 using Tapatalk
Wonder what they’ll stock it with. If established shops can’t even get stock I can’t imagine a new kid on the block would be able to get much.

Bungers

Squid
Wonder what they’ll stock it with. If established shops can’t even get stock I can’t imagine a new kid on the block would be able to get much.
They been running for a bit now with no established shop. I know a few people that have used them for service and repairs.

Sent from my Nokia 3.2 using Tapatalk

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
However getting the Stage Two stuff through has seen a lot of jumping through flaming hoops, where they've needed cultural heritage and significant vegetation surveys, and probably others as well.

It's weird you guys at Lysty have such a hard time; it's generally a heavily disturbed environment, so you should have fewer hoops to jump through to get stuff done.
That's been the issue with Lysterfield too. There's significant environmental value - both flora and fauna everywhere and some cultural stuff too, despite the fact it's heavily disturbed there's still a lot there.

Same issue with Red Hill to an extent - it's why heaps of trails are clustered together at the Wombat trail head as it's an area of "lower" environmental value.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Will be roadie focused I'm assuming, not the same issues with road gear.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Given it chucked it down again last night what's the vibe on riding there this weekend? Okay or avoid?
Usually pretty good after rain, lots of sand so it tends to hold up. Worst case avoid Pins/Crusher if you're not feeling the wet roots vibe, or head down the road where there's more granite in the soil. @Mattyp and I are heading down tomorrow morning for a bit of RH/Eatons, will shout out if we see you - big banana Deviate yeah?

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Usually pretty good after rain, lots of sand so it tends to hold up. Worst case avoid Pins/Crusher if you're not feeling the wet roots vibe, or head down the road where there's more granite in the soil. @Mattyp and I are heading down tomorrow morning for a bit of RH/Eatons, will shout out if we see you - big banana Deviate yeah?
Haha, you're thinking of @The Reverend - he's the custodian of the mammoth Deviate. I won't be down tomorrow unfortunately, more like Sunday.

You're right, RH normally holds up pretty well with rain (particularly Deadwoulds / Crits) but was just wondering if it might be getting a bit waterlogged.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Considering I also have a high pivot monster incoming it was a good guess.
Ah fuck how could I forget the Dreadnought. My sincerest apologies.

To your other point, yes fully expect it'll be busy down there this weekend... 25km has been lifted and it's pretty much the only place near Melbourne that isn't either the You Yangs or destroyed by the storms.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
For the record, conditions were fantastic. Some puddles here and there and obviously some slippery roots, but heaps of grip in the soil. Corners on Fall Line were like Velcro.
What he said, Pins and Needles was running a treat too, roots were no issue. Can't say the same about those two root infested corners on Crusher though....

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What he said, Pins and Needles was running a treat too, roots were no issue. Can't say the same about those two root infested corners on Crusher though....
Crusher is such a good track, so many factors have to line up to get it done right. Not a trail you can just smash out the same every time.
Nice physical one too if you want to get it done fast.