RedAss Downhill NSW/ACT State Series and Champs 2013

cjm102

Likes Dirt
Thanks for getting dates up early. Makes it much easier to get time off work.

Any news on when final series results for the 2012 season will be up?

Also, AWABA tbc? The venue or the dates?

Thanks

dirt lover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've come down to the Coffs Harbour race the last couple of years from Brisbane and always enjoyed the road trip. Seeing as that's not on the calendar next year thinking maybe giving Awaba a try because I've heard really good things about it. Just wondering what accommodation is like down there, much close to the track or can I expect a drive? Also would I need to book accommodation early or are there plenty of options?

B.utters

Likes Dirt
You will probably want to stay in Newcastle which is about a 30-40 min. drive away. I doubt you will have to book a long time in advance to get a place to stay.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I've come down to the Coffs Harbour race the last couple of years from Brisbane and always enjoyed the road trip. Seeing as that's not on the calendar next year thinking maybe giving Awaba a try because I've heard really good things about it. Just wondering what accommodation is like down there, much close to the track or can I expect a drive? Also would I need to book accommodation early or are there plenty of options?
It isn't a huge town but the best place to consider may be Toronto (pronounced locally as Tronno......). Get in early and book it in as it is half the drive to the venue that Newcastle is.

mic9754

Likes Dirt
If you do decide to stay in toronto DO NOT STAY AT THE PARADISE PALMS
bogan capital.
that is all

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
We are working on getting special rates for you guys at the Crowne Plaza in Newcastle. I will post how to get them (and deals at other venues as well) as soon as we get them.

trailburner

We arranged a special rate for you guys at the Candlelight Lodge in Thredbo. We staid there at the last round at it's a very nice place close to the lift and with a lockable room for the bikes.

You pay $60 instead of $110 per room per night if you quote "RedAss Downhill" when making your reservation. This price includes breakfast. You can call them on (02) 6457 6318.

http://www.candlelightlodge.com.au/

trailburner

We also arranged for a special deal for Friday practice in Thredbo: you can score a lift pass for $30 (competitors only)

spyderman_au

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We arranged a special rate for you guys at the Candlelight Lodge in Thredbo. We staid there at the last round at it's a very nice place close to the lift and with a lockable room for the bikes.

You pay $60 instead of $110 per room per night if you quote "RedAss Downhill" when making your reservation. This price includes breakfast. You can call them on (02) 6457 6318.

We also arranged for a special deal for Friday practice in Thredbo: you can score a lift pass for $30 (competitors only)
Good work Martin!!! :dance:

trailburner

Registration for Thredbo is now open:
http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/events/DH-registration.html

On that page you will also find a section on rules and regulations - nothing new but a selection of the FAQs we get throughout a weekend.

And some Thredbo specific questions:

Can I practice the track before the race?
Yes - and you can get a $30 lift ticket on the Friday (competitors only)

Can I get a cheaper rate if I have a Thredbo season pass?
Unfortunately the race fees won't change if you have a season pass. Obviously you don't need another ticket for Friday practice.

The Flow Rollercoaster is on Saturday - will this affect practice?
There is 1 crossover where we will have a marshall to stop riders doing DH practice when a Flow Rollercoaster competitor is coming through.

trailburner

Sorry guys: this is meant to say $60 per person per night

trailburner

News from the FlowMTB guys:

FLOW LOVES ROCKY TRAIL RACERS
MASSIVE SUBSCRIPTION DISCOUNT FOR ALL RTE ENTRANTS!

All entrants in any Rocky Trail Entertainment event are entitled to a massive discount from Flow Mountain Bike!

As a Rocky Trail racer, you'll receive a year's subscription (four issues) to Flow Mountain Bike magazine, plus access to exclusive member-only content AND a bonus digital magazine subscription for just $40 - that's 20% off!

To take advantage of this killer offer, head to www.flowmountainbike.com/register and enter the code Rocky Trail Racer in the coupon field.

.dan.

Likes Dirt
When does rego close for the Thredbo DH round? I checked the Rocky Trail website but couldn't find it.
Thanks.