Reggie B (RGB)

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Was lucky enough to receive a new Banshee Prime V2 and forks for my 40th last year. Built it up in December using parts from my old Yeti 575 and On One Lurcher. Wheels and drivetrain were donated by the Lurcher (hence the blue hubs and narrow rims) and the cockpit came from the Yeti. It’s a work in progress but it’s getting close to complete. Have recently upgraded the rear shock from a RS Monarch+ and planning on a wheel rebuild very soon with Spank 350 rims. Name was given by @madstace due to the red, green and blue colour scheme.

It rides so well. I finally understand the love for Banshee bikes. The geo is perfect for my oversized proportions and I feel like I’m sitting in the bike rather than being precariously perched on top like my previous rides. 135mm travel with 29” wheels is more than enough for my level of trail riding. I’m quite surprised how more stable it is when jumping compared to the old 575. It pops really well and feels very stable in flight. Banshee have done really well to create a long bike that doesn’t feel at all sluggish in the turns.

Frame - 2019 Banshee Prime V2 raw finish XL
Rear shock - DVO Topaz T3 air
Front shock/fork - DVO Diamond 29 set at 150mm
Handlebars - Renthal Fatbar
Stem - Thompson X4 50mm
Headset - Cane Creek 40
Grips - ESI chunky black w/ ODI end caps
Saddle - Brooks Cambium C17
Seatpost - KS LEV DX 150
Front brake - Shimano XT w/ 200mm rotor
Rear brake - Shimano XT w/ 180mm rotor
Cranks - Shimano XT w/ Absolute Black 32T oval
Chainguide - n/a
Chain - Shimano
Pedals - Shimano SPD
Front derailleur - n/a
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT w/ Rad cage
Front shifter - Shimano XT for dropper
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - Sunrace 11-42
Front hub - Hope Pro 2 EVO
Rear hub - Hadley
Front rim - Stans Arch EX
Rear rim - Stans Arch EX
Spokes - unknown black
Nipples - unknown silver
Tyres - Maxxis DHR2 (F) Schwalbe Hans Dampf (R)
Tubes - n/a
Total weight - lighter than I expected but I haven’t weighed it.

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Great bike. And two and a half years in it's still my favourite bike. I've never had the temptation to move it on or get something to replace it.

And damn that raw looks soooo very nice, even if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Short dropouts. Non boost.
Depending on how you like the set up you'd find there's a benefit in the longer drop outs. It's not night and day different but definitely more stable and planted. And I certainly don't notice the length causing problems on switchbacks and tight corners.

I was searching for a longer rear centre given its XL and the short drop outs gave me a lovely ride.

Either way, enjoy it. It's a beautiful bike and you've a lovely spec on yours!

Last edited:

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
And the yeti avatar was gone!
I only realised I still had it after I’d posted :oops:

@blacksp20 how could it not be Notorious RBG?
I had no idea who that was. I think I prefer Reggie B.
Depending on how you like the set up you'd find there's a benefit in the longer drop outs. It's not night and day different but definitely more stable and planted. And I certainly don't notice the length causing problems on switchbacks and tight corners.

I wa# searching for a longer rear centre given its XL and the short drop outs gave me a lovely ride.

Either way, enjoy it. It's a beautiful bike and you've a lovely spec on yours!
I’m happy with the level of stability as it stands. No criticism of how it rides at all. I am not great at manuals also and lengthening the rear won’t help with that either.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Time for an update:
Last year I built up some new wheels with Spank 350 rims, Sapim Race spokes and brass nipples. I reused the Hadley and Hope hubs I had.
As a result of the 30mm rims, I also had to remove the factory bolt on fender from the Diamonds due to tyre lug rubbing. Marsh Guard replacement is tight but gives a bit of crown protection from rocks that get caught in the tyre also.

Also upgraded in dropper length to a OneUp 210mm, which fits perfectly with only a few centimetres of lower tube showing.

This week I’ve gone from 10 speed 11-42 to 11-46. Kept the XT 780 shifter and added a Deore 5120 derailleur and SunRace 11-46 cassette. Only given it a brief street ride but seems lighter in action than the old XT 780 with RAD cage and the 11-42 SunRace. Looking forward to giving it a spin on a climb soon.

Last edited: