Registration Issue

jylan

Cannon Fodder
Hello!

I have a friend who's unable to register on the Rotorburn forums. I've also tested and can see the same issues:

At the bottom of the required information section, there's a message in red that says “This site's anti-spam requires Javascript; enable it and refresh this page to continue. NoScript Users: Whitelist the domain services.wpspamhammer.com and refresh.” Both my friend and I have double checked that JS is enabled; we've also tested on a variety of browsers and devices.

Secondly, the Complete Registration button at the bottom of the form is hidden and never appears - even after completing the form and ticking “I have read, and agree to abide by the ROTORBURN Forums rules.”

There's an inline style rule hiding the Complete Registration button, starting on line 544 of register.php's generated source:

Code:
<style type="text/css">
	#registerform input[type="submit"], form[name="register"] input[type="submit"] { display: none; }
</style>
After manually showing the hidden submit input and submitting the form, I receive this error message on the next page: “ERROR: We detect suspicious activity from your network; to complete this action, please contact the webmaster.”

I believe the issue may be due to an iframe which isn't loading correctly (line 556 on register.php). URL is http://www.rotorburn.com/index.php?spam_hammer_script&type=register&d=1392594062 - but the only content being returned at the address is the Rotorburn homepage.

Can you please investigate and fix the problem?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Um, try restarting your computer, that usually fixes shit. ;)

I'll make sure our developers see this post, thanks for the detailed info, it's a big help.

jylan

Cannon Fodder
Thanks Dozer, appreciated :)

Yeah the reboot trick is pretty good; we've tried on at least 3 computers and two phones though so not going to work for this one!

dan84

Squid
This problem still exists.

Also, i had a drama where i wasn't able to post and was basically restricted to just looking. After i registered no verification email was sent.
Ended up updating my settings to an alternate email address (hotmail) and verification email came through. Have tried swapping back to my other email (bigpond) and it locks me out again, and no verification email comes through. And yes i checked junk mail folders.
Any ideas? Would rather not use my hotmail address.

driftking

Wheel size expert
Just piggy backing on this sometimes code is still appearing at the top of the page before it loads.
It happens when you search too fast and redirects you to the search page and say wait X seconds, or when you search a bad word and it directs you back to the search page.

It comes up with

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupMessage::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupmessage.php on line 261

Warning: Declaration of vBForum_Item_SocialGroupDiscussion::getLoadQuery() should be compatible with vB_Model::getLoadQuery($required_query = '', $force_rebuild = false) in ..../packages/vbforum/item/socialgroupdiscussion.php on line 337

Is this a site issue or a my computer thing.

Last edited:

silentbutdeadly

has some good things to say
Also, i had a drama where i wasn't able to post and was basically restricted to just looking. After i registered no verification email was sent.
Ended up updating my settings to an alternate email address (hotmail) and verification email came through. Have tried swapping back to my other email (bigpond) and it locks me out again, and no verification email comes through. And yes i checked junk mail folders.
This happened to me over the weekend - no verification email. Pick another address this morning and the verification email sailed straight into the 'box in seconds. Tempted to suggest that this problem might not be a Burner issue...rather it might be an ISP issue. And no...Telstra is not my ISP.