Remove remote lockout ?

sammo72

Cannon Fodder
Is it possible to remove the remote lockout of my front forks and replace it with a manual adjuster.
Sorry if my terminology isn't up to scratch.
I never use it and want to clean up my bars, remove the lever and additional cable.
Bike: 2017 Norco Revolver FS9 with Fox RockShox sid.
Thankyou.363758

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Changing from remote to non remote usually involves replacing the damper unit, which with RockShox is a pretty simple affair.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
which damper unit does it have? leave it unlocked & unscrew the cable & remove the screw & take off the top cap...what th top cap threads onto will reveal answer, i had an old unit, which i was able to remove & put a compression knob on which thumb remote

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Although not a hard & fast rule, generally dampers for remote actuation have a return spring to allow the unit to default to its "relaxed" state, which depending on generation may be either open or locked. Non-remote dampers lack this spring to enable the damper to stay where you want it.....

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
which damper unit does it have? leave it unlocked & unscrew the cable & remove the screw & take off the top cap...what th top cap threads onto will reveal answer, i had an old unit, which i was able to remove & put a compression knob on which thumb remote
What he said. On my 2019 mod SIDs there's a grub screw holding the cable. I just put the top cap back on for aesthetics. In 18 months I'd locked the forks once, just to see. I don't miss it.
Although not a hard & fast rule, generally dampers for remote actuation have a return spring to allow the unit to default to its "relaxed" state, which depending on generation may be either open or locked. Non-remote dampers lack this spring to enable the damper to stay where you want it.....
But also what he said. In my case the default setting is open.