removed

moorey

call me Mia
I have a mate looking into a SB66, I'll let him know. Are you saying that warranty is transferred to the second owner?

moorey

call me Mia
Does that come in writing from the manufacturer? Never heard of warranty transferring with the owner.

nzhumpy

Googlemeister who likes bikes and scandal
Does that come in writing from the manufacturer? Never heard of warranty transferring with the owner.
It can be done. Here's an example for you.

"The Warranty is valid for all Liteville owners, not only for the first owner, and permits DH and race usage. Like this even most of the second-hand buyers will receive a frame with original factory warranty!"

http://www.liteville.de/s/22_2/index.php

robbieraver

Likes Dirt
http://www.pureyeti.com.au/warranty

:suspicious:

Doesn't sound like it.... but then that having a typo in the warranty doesn't garner much integrity :lol:
yes it is possible, speak to the yeti sales rep if you would like.
if you really need it in writting, then yes you can have it in writting

and if you dont have anything positive to say stop F*%KING posting up SH*t that you know nothing about.

Last edited:

robbieraver

Likes Dirt
it comes with the stock 9mm drop outs, but yeti sells the kit to change to 142/12mm bolt up axle.

on the bottom bracket it has splines for most chain devices.

cheers.

workmx

Banned
YETI LIMITED (2) TWO YEAR FRAME WARRANTY
(applies to ASR-5C / ASR-5A / ASR Carbon / SB66-A / SB66-C / SB95 / 575 / ARC / Big Top 29’er)

Yeti Cycles will repair or replace, at its option, any frame it determines to be defective due to materials and/or workmanship. The (2) two year limited warranty is conditioned upon the bicycle being ridden under normal conditions and having been properly maintained. This warranty does not apply to the components attached to the frameset such as suspension components, wheels, drive train, brakes, seatpost, handlebar and stem. This warranty applies only to the original owner and it non-transferable. This warranty is void if the bicycle was not properly assembled by an authorized Yeti dealer.

ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS
These limited warranties do not apply to normal wear and tear, nor to claimed defects, malfunctions or failures that result from abuse, neglect, improper assembly, improper maintenance, alteration, collision, crash or misuse. The original owner shall pay all labour charges connected with the repair and removal or all components. Under no circumstance does this limited warranty include the cost of travel or shipment to and from an authorised Yeti dealer. In order to exercise your rights under these limited warranties, the bicycle or frameset must be presented to an authorised Yeti dealer, together with proof of purchase.
Not original owner and a frame only (ie: not bike that was fully assembled by a Yeti dealer. Although, I guess, you could get one to assemble it, in an attempt to keep the warranty). Doesn't look good.

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
seriously folks - if the seller says that he can transfer the warranty to the buyer (obviously he has checked that it is cool to do so) - then stop trolling his thread.

moorey

call me Mia

and if you dont have anything positive to say stop F*%KING posting up SH*t that you know nothing about.
Ease up turbo. Sounds to me more like you posted up incorrect info and are now shooting the messengers.
Sweet frame, I hope you sell it fit a fair price.

ChopSticks

Banned

I was told by MY yeti rep that the warranty is non transferable when I purchased mine

But hey!!! Who cares! This $2800!! Yeti frame only comes with a 2year warranty (FUCK you Yeti)
So it will probably pass before you have frame issues...so you're fucked eitherway

on the bottom bracket it has splines for most chain devices.
Chain devices do not attach to the splines... The iscg adaptor does

ChopSticks

Banned
Ease up turbo. Sounds to me more like you posted up incorrect info and are now shooting the messengers.
Sweet frame, I hope you sell it fit a fair price.
+1

Fair price .....but we don't want a fellow RB getting fucked over when it comes time for a warranty issue

*praying mine fails so I can (if I can) pay the difference and Get the carbon*

moorey

call me Mia
seriously folks - if the seller says that he can transfer the warranty to the buyer (obviously he has checked that it is cool to do so) - then stop trolling his thread.
Since when is clarifying/correcting info on a listing, trolling?
If someone bought this in good faith, and had to make a claim, and was directed to the fine print, they would understandably be pissed.
That said, if there is some sort of agreement here to fully warranty the frame, great news for new owner.

g-fish

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you have a good relationship with your shop and/or yeti its not out of the question. I remember a few years back someone sold a brand new Santa Cruz carbon V10 second hand, but Santa Cruz agreed to honour the warranty on it for the new owner.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Since when is clarifying/correcting info on a listing, trolling?
If someone bought this in good faith, and had to make a claim, and was directed to the fine print, they would understandably be pissed.
That said, if there is some sort of agreement here to fully warranty the frame, great news for new owner.
with all due respect Moorey - I dont think the seller would post warranty details if there was not an agreement. it is up to the potential buyer to discuss the details of that agreement not for those details to be broadcasted to all. yes it is out of the norm - he obviously knows something you dont - good for him, dont trash his agreement because you didnt get the same opportunity - he might be friends with the rep (anything). it is obvious that it was a personal agreement based on a good relationship - why put that at risk?

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
If you have a good relationship with your shop and/or yeti its not out of the question. I remember a few years back someone sold a brand new Santa Cruz carbon V10 second hand, but Santa Cruz agreed to honour the warranty on it for the new owner.
thats it gfish

if i was the OP i would close this thread and start another one.

seriously it is bad form posting something negative in someones for sale thread - if you have querries PM

Last edited:

0psi

Eats Squid
The whole, applies to original owner thing refers to a used bike/frame. In this case the frame is new and if he hasn't put parts on it or registered it then there is no reason the next owner can't claim the warranty on it.

If you want to split hairs then in 90% of cases the original owner is the guy who owns the bike shop.

I've purchased a frame from a seller under similar circumstances and it hadn't been registered or even pulled out of the box. Seller provided the original dockets and I registered it for warranty, no problems.
Can't see why it would be any different in this case (Assuming it hasn't been registered) but either way I'd want something in writing if I were the buyer.