Replacement for MT500 BB

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
The BB on my wife's Spark has died. It's a pressfit MT500 for hollowtech 2 cranks. It's only $25 with the XTR being $44 so I was going to fit that but I thought I'd ask the brains trust if there was something better for around the XTR price thst I should look at instead?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
XT-level MT800 fits in the mid-range. But for the surprisingly mild price premium for XTR, it is worth it. They run on nicer bearings and are considerably better-sealed than the lower ones, so do last longer. I've had a XTR bottom bracket in for about five years, and it still feels like new. :)

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
XT-level MT800 fits in the mid-range. But for the surprisingly mild price premium for XTR, it is worth it. They run on nicer bearings and are considerably better-sealed than the lower ones, so do last longer. I've had a XTR bottom bracket in for about five years, and it still feels like new. :)
Perfect. Thanks Duck, XTR it is

HamboCairns

Thanks for all the bananas
Shit, I didn't even know they were a thing! Still, $32 for an XT bottom bracket isn't bad and we don't get as much muck and grime as down south.