Replacement Fork Time - ebike edition

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
Hey Mas, contact https://cyclinic.com.au/ and ask them if it's possible to upgrade the damper in that 35 Gold Fork.
So while it might not be an option to upgrade the 35 Gold, it might still be worth asking Cyclinic what the seen failure rates are like for some forks in terms of ebikes. I recall a Cyclinic post on their website that some ebikes are seeing significant wear on suspension components as the OEMs are sticking the same gear as normal bikes on ebikes, no changes to service interval, maintenance or fitout and the wear as a result is much faster than desired.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
So while it might not be an option to upgrade the 35 Gold, it might still be worth asking Cyclinic what the seen failure rates are like for some forks in terms of ebikes. I recall a Cyclinic post on their website that some ebikes are seeing significant wear on suspension components as the OEMs are sticking the same gear as normal bikes on ebikes, no changes to service interval, maintenance or fitout and the wear as a result is much faster than desired.
Biggest thing imo are people not abiding by the servicing schedule. Ebikes are getting ridden more and more and for longer and longer so the servicing is going to come up a fair bit quicker than people are used to.

The difference in weight of the bikes isn't a big issue imo as the difference between a lightweight rider and a bigger rider can be 40kgs all on the same gear.

Unless we are talking Fox forks...the CSU is gonna creak if you drop off a kerb outside the shop where you bought it.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I did a lot of searching and ended up buying the Marz Z1 for $650 for a few reasons. It is a cheap upgrade from what I have, it is specced on the next level up ebike like mine, they have the grip damper which I loved on my old rhythm, are made stiffer than a normal 36 which is good for an ebike, if I don't like the feel then I can convert it to coil for a reasonable price later, and this one just had the uppers replaced and uncut so it was long enough for my frame and means all the insides are new and fresh.

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I dreamt about them last night...
Never too late I reckon.
I super seriously considered the Suntour and, while I reckon it probably would be good and the initial reviews look good, I just couldn't find many long term reviews to convince me to do it. I kept thinking that if I got it and wasn't happy with it that I would struggle to get much money back for it too if I wanted to sell it.

Go

Likes Dirt
I just ordered a Suntour. 683 AUD delivered.
Main selling poin was stiffness and non creaky CSU. It's going on an e-bike so hope the extra stiffness is noticeable.
The fact that it comes tuned to your riding style and weight is a nice bonus. I expect it to be better than a Lyrik and the 34 that comes with the ebike. If it isn't, it can go on another project.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
I just ordered a Suntour. 683 AUD delivered.
Main selling poin was stiffness and non creaky CSU. It's going on an e-bike so hope the extra stiffness is noticeable.
The fact that it comes tuned to your riding style and weight is a nice bonus. I expect it to be better than a Lyrik and the 34 that comes with the ebike. If it isn't, it can go on another project.

Where from?

Sent from my SM-G960N using Tapatalk

Go

Likes Dirt
Suntour website.

Summer2020 code gets you and extra 20% off