Replacing Forks on Smuggler

Minlak

custom titis
Ok I have a 2016 Smuggler 29" that has a Pike 130mm front fork. i am wanting to replace the forks but finding anything not rockshox in 130mm is proving difficult. How much difference do you think putting 140mm on would make to it?

I like the way it currently rides and wouldn't want to ruin it in an expensive experiment. I also don't really want to spend extra in getting a set of forks lowered.
I ride the large frame.

I was thinking maybe some DVO diamonds to be honest.
smuggler geo.JPG

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Bang a 140mm airshaft in the pike and see ho you like it?

What about MRP ribbon? They come 130mm I’m pretty sure

Minlak

custom titis
Bang a 140mm airshaft in the pike and see ho you like it?

What about MRP ribbon? They come 130mm I’m pretty sure
If I was going to change the air shaft I would probably just get the current forks serviced. They havent felt quite right since the last service and I just put it down to my weight loss changing my riding. But they definitely bottomed out on Sunday’s ride and still shy of the full travel mark.

Ultra Lord

Ah! You done broke it.

Fair call. Time to upgrade it is

Not a suppressor but I extended and changed the forks on my scout (pike to 36RC2). Thanks to the shorter acle to crown the front end was only being raised 8odd mm not the full 10. And honestly it hasn’t changed the handling that much, the better fork is much more noticeable.

Check axle to crown height of new fork, you mightn’t be going up all that much. And you can always run abit more sag to achieve the same bar height.

OR
Cane creek helm also comes 130mm. Might have to lower that yourself though, my short time googling hasn’t found one at 130mm.

Ultra Lord

Also transition allowe 10% overforking/shocking on the frames :) no need to worry about headtubes snapping off etc

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If you're buying a new fork - good suspension shops will generally swap the airshaft to the travel you require for free. Cyclinic have for two sets of Fox 34s I've bought anyway.