Replacing whole drive train

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi guys

I'm riding a Giant Anthem X Advanced SL0 29er (2013) (example specs: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-x-advanced-29er-0-2013)

Unfortunately the drive train is rooted.
Chainrings have never been replaced (in spite of multiple 24hr solos and general riding)
Rear derailleur basically got snapped international shipping (I just moved back to Aus from overseas - my fault, didn't pack it well enough)
10sp cassette is just at the end of its lifespan

My racing days are well and truly over (goodbye Uni, hello full time work as a corporate lawyer). So I think taking the easy way out and replacing it like for like with new XX is highly unnecessary (junior lawyers don't make the money you might imagine we do)

The shifters are X0 (recently replaced the XX shifters after they clapped out); I have a brand new 10sp 11-32 cassette sitting in the spares box; and I am pleased to say the XX cranks are still fine.

So my question is, what are the sensible choices to get the bike functioning well again?

Is there a single front ring + modern type 10 sp RD that makes sense. Or is it just easier to get a new X9/XO rear derailleur and 2-ring set up?
I'd like to give the 1 x 10 a go if it isn't unduly complicated, but I have heard that the XX cranks and their lack of removable spider does make the 1x10 set up unwieldy.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am completely out of the loop on new MTB technology, I have essentially taken 2 years out of the sport to dabble in things like rowing.

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Hi guys

I'm riding a Giant Anthem X Advanced SL0 29er (2013) (example specs: https://www.giant-bicycles.com/au/anthem-x-advanced-29er-0-2013)

Unfortunately the drive train is rooted.
Chainrings have never been replaced (in spite of multiple 24hr solos and general riding)
Rear derailleur basically got snapped international shipping (I just moved back to Aus from overseas - my fault, didn't pack it well enough)
10sp cassette is just at the end of its lifespan

My racing days are well and truly over (goodbye Uni, hello full time work as a corporate lawyer). So I think taking the easy way out and replacing it like for like with new XX is highly unnecessary (junior lawyers don't make the money you might imagine we do)

The shifters are X0 (recently replaced the XX shifters after they clapped out); I have a brand new 10sp 11-32 cassette sitting in the spares box; and I am pleased to say the XX cranks are still fine.

So my question is, what are the sensible choices to get the bike functioning well again?

Is there a single front ring + modern type 10 sp RD that makes sense. Or is it just easier to get a new X9/XO rear derailleur and 2-ring set up?
I'd like to give the 1 x 10 a go if it isn't unduly complicated, but I have heard that the XX cranks and their lack of removable spider does make the 1x10 set up unwieldy.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. I am completely out of the loop on new MTB technology, I have essentially taken 2 years out of the sport to dabble in things like rowing.
Just replace it with XT and be done. Suggest Evans Cycles for sharp pricing

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just replace it with XT and be done. Suggest Evans Cycles for sharp pricing
Sharp pricing but ridiculously silly prices for postage?
Have looked at brakes and rims separately both with competitive prices but postage was $120+ for each?

bear the bear

Is a real bear
Sharp pricing but ridiculously silly prices for postage?
Have looked at brakes and rims separately both with competitive prices but postage was $120+ for each?
ummm ok, $au120 for shipping brakes??? Not the last time I ordered a set. Shipping was free and has been for everything I have bought from them.
I haven't purchased wheels or rims so can't comment on these.

Tubeless

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ummm ok, $au120 for shipping brakes??? Not the last time I ordered a set. Shipping was free and has been for everything I have bought from them.
I haven't purchased wheels or rims so can't comment on these.
Hmm, just had another squiz at the brakes and they're $16aud postage. Must of been quite high the last couple of times I looked!

SF Trailboy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hmm, just had another squiz at the brakes and they're $16aud postage. Must of been quite high the last couple of times I looked!
I had stopped looking at Evans for anything as the shipping had sucked balls...

But I'll have a bit of a look again....