Reputation Indicator

stirk

Burner
Do we need a reputation indicator on Rotorburn like they have on mtbr??

I'll take "Village Idiot" thanks.

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green
Do we need a reputation indicator on Rotorburn like they have on mtbr??

I'll take "Village Idiot" thanks.
The one for trading used to be good. I think it was Itrader, or something like that. What ever happened to that???

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Well... I was part of the "in" crowd on MTBR when the rep came about, we repped each other by using excel sheets, 10 per day originally, couldn't rep the same person until you had repped 100 others. The ones on your sheet were repped religiously every 10-11 days turning everyone involved into a rep police force, there was even a topic where if someone stepped out of line or got a bit loose, someone posted the link and everyone went there like a hit squad and smashed the bloke.

With rep squares growing, each time we repped each other with a growing score, it ended up, and still now, I can give a bloke 2 green squares (or take 2 green squares away) with one rep. MTBR soon caught on to the loophole and reduced the rep to 1/2 point and only 5 per day... with no rep gained in the "Off Camber" forum adding to any score.

Rep is good at the start, but will get out of hand... there will be 10-20 blokes with massive clout that if someone speaks their mind, they get negged.

In my opinion, its a bad idea as it draws a line. There will be the regualrs with massive rep scores, and the occasional's or outspoken members with little or in the red.