Requests to have account deleted and posts removed

Scotty T

Walks the walk
Interesting choice of words though. Freudian maybe. I’ve never heard anyone use ‘old mate’ as an actual term of endearment. It’s always polite code for ‘flog’ at best.
I generally use it for people I know but not that well, for example:

@moorey - "yeah old mate on the forums has loads of spare parts and sent me the perfect already cut down seat post for my DJ, top bloke"

@Zaf - "yeah old mate was a bit of a Trump fan and went ballistic when he lost the election"

Squidfayce

Eats Squid
I generally use it for people I know but not that well, for example:

@moorey - "yeah old mate on the forums has loads of spare parts and sent me the perfect already cut down seat post for my DJ, top bloke"

@Zaf - "yeah old mate was a bit of a Trump fan and went ballistic when he lost the election"
was curious, checked the etymology, seems about right. I've used it for both both ways without ever thinking about it. Thanks for the morning learning opportunity @moorey @Scotty T

moorey

call me Mia
was curious, checked the etymology, seems about right. I've used it for both both ways without ever thinking about it. Thanks for the morning learning opportunity @moorey @Scotty T
There’s an etymology for it? :oops:
It’s certainly not something I use with real malice, but I’d never refer to someone as Old Mate in a positive context.
Maybe it’s used by many as a replacement for ‘c&@t’. Depending on the context, it’s either very familiar or a pejorative.

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Seeing you’re so fascinated with my posting, I’ll assume you read a bit earlier that I encourage people to mute me. Maybe try it.
I put Hambone on mute just after he returned, so hadn’t even had any interaction with him for 24h leading up to this. But hey, everyone needs to blame someone, right? ;)
I’m serious about muting me though. Why put yourself through this?
More of a causal observer as you post in such numbers that there is no chance that I can be bothered reading it all. I'm sure there's good in there for someone mate. I have a well calibrated filter so I don't need to mute anyone.....sometimes there's gold where you least expect it.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
Maybe her biggest fan @moorey can go visit her in Sydney.

that would b creepy -might get him arrested, when they look thru previous posts on here- any psych would have him committed [he might be needing post deletion]

i'm with ozzy on letting him back - i would like to know if he was offended by the criticism?

DuncanJenkins

Likes Bikes
Ok so I admit this is me. I let perceived slights get the better of me and suffered a breakdown as HamboCairns, asking Tubbsy then being directed to ask Dozer for my profile to be removed (I didn't ask for all my posts to be deleted btw).

Soon after, I realised I made a mistake and emailed Dozer via the forum's contact form to ask if I could come back. I didn't get a reply so this profile was an attempt at being someone new, boring and normal. It's just not me so I created hambonanas and made it obvious who I was. It wasn't my intention to run concurrent profiles, this one would have just stayed silent.

I've found it hard recently working by myself for the past 15 year without any work colleagues to talk to so forum life is my only outlet, and this manifests in manic bouts of randomness and 'banter' so I'm sorry that I annoyed some of you. So to help alleviate these feelings, I'm going to see if I can be more involved with my local MTB club via trail maintenance and maybe help with some marketing.

I accept what I did is against the rules and that this one will be banned too but I thought I'd use my last posting chance to say thank you for the laughs, support, advice (who knew riding more could be so beneficial!) and positive vibes that make me love mtb so much, oh and special thanks to everyone that sponsored me for the Great Cycle Challenge :)

No hard feelings and I hope the forum goes from strength to strength.

PS. I bought the Supacaz saddle ;)