Return to Ourimbah XC 27July08 (goto page 23 for new details)

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Weather Forecast

SYDNEY FORECAST

Issued at 8:30 am EDT on Monday 18 February 2008

Warning summary
Nil. For the latest warning information please check the Bureau's web site http://www.bom.gov.au/weather/nsw/

Forecast for Monday
Isolated showers, mostly in the morning and at night. Some sunny periods in the afternoon. Light to moderate southeast to northeast winds.

Precis: Shower or two, morning and night.

City: Max: 25 Parramatta: Max: 25
Terrey Hills: Max: 23 Penrith: Max: 26
Liverpool Max: 26 Richmond: Max: 26

Tuesday Morning shower, then mainly fine.
City: Min: 18 Max: 25
West: Min: 16 Max: 27

Wednesday Mainly fine.
City: Min: 19 Max: 27
West: Min: 17 Max: 29

Thursday Chance shower.
City: Min: 19 Max: 26
West: Min: 18 Max: 29

Friday Fine. Hot.
City: Min: 19 Max: 30
West: Min: 17 Max: 34

Saturday Chance shower. Cooler.
City: Min: 17 Max: 24
West: Min: 15 Max: 28

Sunday Fine.
City: Min: 15 Max: 25
West: Min: 13 Max: 27

Rik

logged out
I'm out: big weekend planned (DSS party Sat night, woohoo!) and I found a ticket to Soundwave festival I forgot I bought :cool: Don't have a bike or fitness either, there's always next time.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'm still in. We still on for 7.30? Man that's early.
Yep, unless its a big issue for the majority.

I have a day release from the Warden, so I'm not in such a big rush any longer ...

RIK ... Next time ... shame, I thought you were building something for the occassion ... oh wells

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
We might need to co-ordinate the Glenbrook-Woodford car shuttle for all of us driving. What's the plan, meet at Glenbrook at 7am? Offers for a lift are still there too.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Drivers so far
Nerf Herder: Lilyfield (room for one more)
Fatman: Hornsby
Oddjob: North Syd
Aaronzor: Baulkham Hills

Please contact the driver closest to you and arrange a lift directly

finmtb training it from Blacktown.
Rockydog and JP will meet us at Woodford.

Eggyolkeo is out (for a couple years me thinks :p) with the impending birth of the twins ... Yeeehaaaa :D:cool:

Oddjob, Fatman, Aaronzor ...
I reckon OddJob and Aaron you guys just head straight to Woodford ...
Fatman, I'll meet you at Glenbrook, 7ish ... (I'm picking up @ Glebe @ 6 so should be at GB by then) ... meet at the train station carpark.

On the trip backup, you [Fatman] can take all the drivers back to woodford for car pickup and passengers can relax & mind the rigs until we get back ?

The bad news is, I'm not sure what JP and Rockydog are doing [I'll PM'd them as well as this post]?? you could have 5 passengers depending on these two guys ??? Anyway ... what you think ?

Everybody else ... meet at the carpark at Woodford station ... 7.30am
Any stragglers, call me on my mob if you want us to wait a couple minutes.

Fatman

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have a sedan and can take another 4, only 2 more bikes than mine though. Either way I don't mind, I'll meet you all (or whoever) at Glenbrook carpark at 7am, Al I have your number if anything goes awry.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Cool I'll meet you all at Woodford.

Mongoosedh that means I have ot pick your ass up at 5. PM me your address and details.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Cool I'll meet you all at Woodford.

Mongoosedh that means I have ot pick your ass up at 5. PM me your address and details.
Drive from North Shore doesn't take +2 hours does it ?? ... fark I'm only budgeting 1 hour (Glebe to GB) ... and I'm like "Driving Ms Daisy" speed.

Bipyjamas ... I maybe picking you up in the dark ... 5.30.

Latest Weather

Forecast for Thursday
A shower or two mostly in the morning. Cloudy periods. Light to moderate south to southeast winds. Dangerous surf conditions developing during the day.

Precis: Cloudy periods. Mostly fine.
City: Max: 26 Parramatta: Max: 27
Terrey Hills: Max: 25 Penrith: Max: 28
Liverpool Max: 28 Richmond: Max: 28

Friday Fine. Hot.
City: Min: 19 Max: 30
West: Min: 17 Max: 34

Saturday Fine.
City: Min: 17 Max: 27
West: Min: 15 Max: 28

Sunday Fine.
City: Min: 15 Max: 25
West: Min: 13 Max: 27

mongoosedh

Banned
I've got a place in Wentworth falls so I've driven up there many times. It takes a good hour and a half with no traffic. You won't get up there before 7:30 if you leave at 6.

rockydog

Likes Dirt
It takes a good hour and a half with no traffic. You won't get up there before 7:30 if you leave at 6.
bah...inner west to Katoomba 1:15 (personal record... no traffic, no red lights).
Glebe to Glenbrook in an hour will be fine, but allow a bit extra anyway.

JP

Likes Dirt
Allright guys, this is the deal. I rooted my calf up on Friday half way into my 10k run. It's not fully 100% so I'll have to give it a miss. I am finishing work at Penrith at about 7am and am heading up the mountains so I can stop at Glenbrook and give guys a lift up to Woodford. I can take 4 people plus bikes ( I have a dual cab ute!!!). Should make it up to Woodford by 7:30am. Let me know.

Mobile is 0410628934.

Last edited:

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
JP, thanks for the offer ... I think we'll be cool.

Hope that Calf heals ... that'll teach you to excercise. :D maybe next time.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Last Post - All systems Go

For anybody doing the last minute check ... we're all go.

Any issues (no shows or whatever) give me a call 0404 885 896.

Fatman ... sorry missed placed your number ... could you please SMS it when you get a chance ... else see ya at Glenbrook carpark.

Everybody else see you at Woody train station carpark before 7.30am

Weather looks fantastic ... yeeeehaaaaa.

Forecast for Saturday
Fine. Sunny. Moderate to fresh southwest winds, tending southeast during the day and easing.
Precis: Fine. Sunny.

Forecast for Sunday
Fine. Mostly sunny. Light winds, turning moderate southeasterly.

City: Min: 17 Max: 25
West: Min: 14 Max: 27

bipyjamas

Likes Dirt
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who came and made the ride what it was - eventful, epic and exhausting.

Had a great time coasting along at the back. :D