returning after 12 years.. not sure what to get.

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
Oh yeah, it has boost wheels/hubs... not sure what it means, but apparently its good.
Boost front 110 x 15 and rear 148 x 12.
The frame is made to take boost wheels which are the most common size.
Lots of options with wheels and forks etc.

Last edited:

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Boost front 110 x 15 and rear 148 x 12.
The frame is made to take boost wheels which are the most common size.
Lots of options with wheels and forks etc.
That's it.

Awesome, thanks :)

Now to find my son a sub 800 dollar hardtail.

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
That's it.

Awesome, thanks :)

Now to find my son a sub 800 dollar hardtail.
Depending on their age/intended use, I highly recommend checking out bikesonline for the Polygon/Marin hardtails.
We got my 10 year old one for xmas last year and it's been great for kicking around the streets, doing rail trail rides and some light mtb duty. I also grabbed a (relatively) cheapish Polygon road bike to replace my stolen one and ihave been impressed with it from a build/quality perspective

Fred Nurk

No custom title here
My neighbour ended up with a Polygon dual suspension bike, seems quite ok for the price. Cheap hardtail will be lower spec but will likely be acceptable for what you want.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Thought I had my son a good bike... would have been a bit of a bargain.

Drove an hour from Moreton Bay to Ipswich... couple of meth heads wheeled out a completely trashed, rusted piece of shit that wasn't the bike in the photos... it was, and I'm not kidding, ready for the rubbish tip.

Oh well... will keep looking.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
Hit the LBS this afternoon... needed a pump, shock pump, chain for the wifes bike, helmet, few other things.

Always bought cheap anaconda helmets before.. figured this time id treat myself to a half decent lid.

FOX Speedframe MIPS Helmet Black (99bikes.com.au)

Very very comfortable.

My wifes bike, a fluid something or other with alivio/tektro/suntour gear had been purchased maybe 5 years ago and had sat out the back neglected. Spent some time getting it back into running order. Rear brake is rubbing a bit and I need to lube up the derailleurs, but otherwise it's running well enough for her to hit some bike paths with it.
I'll book it in to 99 bikes for a service before she joins us in the bush.

Picking up my sons bike tomorrow... he's pretty keen. :)

Minlak

custom titis
Keep an eye on Pushys website - they will have 15% off sales - thats when you get your planned stuff like extra tyres / new forks / chains / brake pads / discs

BurnieM

Likes Dirt
99 Bikes can have reasonable prices too.
Currently they seem to have some parts discounted, like $33 for a Shimano M6100 12 speed chain.
Knowledge of their staff is a bit variable tho.

Chamelion

Likes Dirt
To save making a new thread... ive been trying to work out what I need to return my shock to being able to be remotely locked out (rear, not the forks), since the original was removed.

It's got a fox nude something or other, which I believe is a line made for scott, but is based off the fox float.

I was hoping this might do the trick - Fox Dual Cable 2 Position Remote Lever (pushys.com.au)

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
To save making a new thread... ive been trying to work out what I need to return my shock to being able to be remotely locked out (rear, not the forks), since the original was removed.

It's got a fox nude something or other, which I believe is a line made for scott, but is based off the fox float.

I was hoping this might do the trick - Fox Dual Cable 2 Position Remote Lever (pushys.com.au)
Has your shock got the right head on it for accepting a cable ?