Rev grips

Scotty675

Cable thief
Anyone run rev grips?
I'm looking at trying a set but would like to know people's opinions on the race v the pro.
The pro grips are expensive but I'm happy to pay if they do work.

Scotty675

Cable thief
Does anyone have any unused tuning washers?
Mtb direct have the small race series on special. From what I can tell the only difference from the race v pro are these washers. The washers don't seem to be able to be bought separately. They don't come in rebuild kits either.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
I have a set and they seem to work pretty well. I didn't notice much "suspension" effect to be honest, but mostly ran them without washers. I did like the bit of twist they allow. More than anything I was surprised that they actually don't feel weird when riding. I took them off because I didn't like the bulbous outer end caps. I (lightly) clipped a couple of trees where I never normally do, so went back to single-clamp ODI's, then to single-clamp Deitys which I think my be my forever grips.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I have a set and they seem to work pretty well. I didn't notice much "suspension" effect to be honest, but mostly ran them without washers. I did like the bit of twist they allow. More than anything I was surprised that they actually don't feel weird when riding. I took them off because I didn't like the bulbous outer end caps. I (lightly) clipped a couple of trees where I never normally do, so went back to single-clamp ODI's, then to single-clamp Deitys which I think my be my forever grips.
I'm hoping the help with hand fatiege. I have a stuffed left hand and suffer serious grip issues on long downhill runs. Hand more or less locks and get pins and needles. Will try anything for relief. I suppose I get 2 bikes out of a set as only really need the left.

BT180

Max Pfaff
I've used them. Have the pro series. Found they really helped and I think in part due to the large outer diameter. I did stop using them though, because of the hard end caps. I didn't want to become impaled in a crash and they would also always seem to find their way to othe car's metalwork somehow.

Now using the new Deity Supracrush grips, which I'm also loving. 34mm diameter and fairly squishy, so they're great for my hands too.

Isaakk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ran Pros for a good while. Recently switched to Supracushes to try something different, was surprised how much more chatter I could feel through the hands so there's definitely something to them. I do feel theres slightly more direct control and bike feedback through Supracushes though, so I suppose as always there's tradeoffs.

Next up I'll probably be trying Ergons once I can find them in stock, feedback on those would be cool if anyone here has used them.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I ran Pros for a good while. Recently switched to Supracushes to try something different, was surprised how much more chatter I could feel through the hands so there's definitely something to them. I do feel theres slightly more direct control and bike feedback through Supracushes though, so I suppose as always there's tradeoffs.

Next up I'll probably be trying Ergons once I can find them in stock, feedback on those would be cool if anyone here has used them.
Did you try both washers? Is there a difference? Hard to believe a .1 or .2 mmm washer could make a difference. Seems that's what you pay for with the pros.

Scotty675

Cable thief
I ended up buying a set of these. Thanks @beeb. I liked them so bought another set.
Got an email that they have updated the system so the little inserts are now part of the ring (one piece). Link here. If anyone wants to update there originals let me know. I will order some while they are on special, postage kills the deal so I thought a group buy?

discofrank

Likes Dirt
the grips are awesome, comfy and do what they advertise =, best part is they do a grip shift version for my bike! total win!
no idea why you guys are worried about the hard endcaps. plenty of other stuff thats harder

I've ordered a lot more than I need ha ha.
When they arrive I'll let you know. Will be $12 a set posted to you if anyone is after any.
yup ill take a set :)

Scotty675

Cable thief
I’m going to order a couple of sets of the new rev grips direct as no stock down here yet. If anyone is keen PM me, I will place order Sunday so happy to add to order to save postage.

Daniel Hale

She fid, he fid, I fidn't
I’m going to order a couple of sets of the new rev grips direct as no stock down here yet. If anyone is keen PM me, I will place order Sunday so happy to add to order to save postage.
how do the new ones differ from the old? i might b interested in a pair of race to try out