Revel Rail Tuxedo.

moorey

call me Mia
if it lasts him then it should be fine for the rest of us nancies.

I thought you had a XT M8000 rear mech there which are pretty goat linky anyhow. You need more goat?
Lot of B screw needed to get to the 46. I don’t like how it leaves less wrap around on the small gears.
People manage it...even a 50 apparently....but it definitely affects the shifting.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Lot of B screw needed to get to the 46. I don’t like how it leaves less wrap around on the small gears.
People manage it...even a 50 apparently....but it definitely affects the shifting.
Reaching the 50T must be bit of stretch but I will be trying it later. Will see how it goes.
The 46T was a doddle for me and hasn't needed any tweaking since. You have a long cage there I guess?

moorey

call me Mia
Reaching the 50T must be bit of stretch but I will be trying it later. Will see how it goes.
The 46T was a doddle for me and hasn't needed any tweaking since. You have a long cage there I guess?
Mid...but the cage doesn’t change it’s capacity to reach the 46 or 50.

moorey

call me Mia
I guess so as long as you don't exceed the maximum number of teeth the rear thingy can shift.
Correct. A mid ‘may’ have the capacity for 40ish range (11-50) but getting the upper jockey to clear it without fucking up shifting on.
Tech info says 46 rear max.

moorey

call me Mia
A bike with more chain growth is also going to cause more issues with capacity too, I reckon

Litenbror

Eats Squid
You never answered the question Mr Trump!! Do you or don't you need more goat?

If you need more I have one in the parts bin I can send you.

moorey

call me Mia
You never answered the question Mr Trump!! Do you or don't you need more goat?

If you need more I have one in the parts bin I can send you.
I missed the Q sorry....
Have ordered 2 for 11sp through lbs (FIIK when they’ll arrive . If they help, I’ll convert my other bike to a bigger cassette.
Long story short, if you have a spare 11sp goat, colour me very interested.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Correct. A mid ‘may’ have the capacity for 40ish range (11-50) but getting the upper jockey to clear it without fucking up shifting on.
Tech info says 46 rear max.
View attachment 367738
I got the M8000 shifter and long cage mech plus Sunrace 11-46T as a package. I don't think they were selling anything but long cages.

A 32/50 could be something to do in the future - ends up being a bit more rear weight for more top end. Not that I need either. 46T FTW.

moorey

call me Mia
Felix can climb all day with 10-42 and 32t. 10-46 lets him go up to 34 front. Would have really liked the 9-46, big jump in top end speed...but just not trusting the e13 quite yet.