Revo mag............

:Rant:

I have paid for a years subscription (4 mags) for [R]evo mag to be sent to me.
As I don't have an address I receive my subscription over Internet onto my tablet through zinio,
Revo has released their latest edition through newsagents and outlets already but seem to be.....mmmm
How do I say this...taking the piss (it's what it feels like) from the people who have subscribed to their magazine by the internet.
This is a service they advertise in their magazine but clearly seem to not follow up on...

I have already asked another forum member and he has passed on the message but clearly hasn't received and answer.

So if any one knows what the go is can you spread some light to why they're taking their time..

And if anyone from [R]evo is reading hurry the fuck up and provide the service in which you advertise and I have paid for

:end rant:

Shredden

Knows his goats
I noticed a pretty dog/unnecessarily harsh comment directed at one of the biggest importers in Australia in the latest (r)evo. I dont know the back story to it but definitely turned me against buying the magazine in the future. Only a few words but just a shit thing to say. Anyone else notice it?

senergy

Squid
Yea I saw it, wondered what it was about, so I googled and couldnt find any context for it..
I liked the old format better too, more DH, less uphill...

I noticed a pretty dog/unnecessarily harsh comment directed at one of the biggest importers in Australia in the latest (r)evo. I dont know the back story to it but definitely turned me against buying the magazine in the future. Only a few words but just a shit thing to say. Anyone else notice it?

Glad I'm not the only one not receiving my paid services.

Hopefully some one from the mag reads these posts and makes some actions.

In the last issue there was an article from some whining bastard about kids making pointless movies of them riding and posting shit onto the net.
The article was unprofessional and added nothing to the magazine, maybe it was to just fill out pages.

I have paid for four issues and I think that's it. Giving the point that I receive the next two at all....?

Has anyone ever read Spoke from N.Z or anything from N.Z?
Any good, better stories articles?
I also read Bike from USA and find that not to bad, more all mountain riding.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Glad I'm not the only one not receiving my paid services.

Hopefully some one from the mag reads these posts and makes some actions.

In the last issue there was an article from some whining bastard about kids making pointless movies of them riding and posting shit onto the net.
The article was unprofessional and added nothing to the magazine, maybe it was to just fill out pages.

I have paid for four issues and I think that's it. Giving the point that I receive the next two at all....?

Has anyone ever read Spoke from N.Z or anything from N.Z?
Any good, better stories articles?
I also read Bike from USA and find that not to bad, more all mountain riding.
I never get these threads. People have a problem with a distributor/company/magazine and make a complaint about it on public forum instead of trying to contact the company directly themselves. Seriously, it took me all of 10 seconds to get this information: ride@revolutionmtb.com.au

Email them and explain your situation instead of relying on others to 'pass on a message' or hoping that someone from the magazine will read this thread. A bit of initiative wouldn't go astray. /rant

Last edited:

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I think I know what comment you are talking about and from my attempted recent dealings with that company for some spare parts I totally agree with Revo mag. The company in question were a bunch of assholes and I would never spend my money with them again.

@rednightmare, you're a genius.
Minds like this make the world turn but maybe just maybe I have written on the forum to find out if other people were also waiting for their issue to arrive or if I was just the only one.
Seems not, so now I can rest in peace and wonder why [r]evo haven't gotten their act together with sending out their latest issue that sum of us have paid for.

And yes I have written to [r]evo, still waiting on their reply.

placebo

Likes Dirt
I never get these threads. People have a problem with a distributor/company/magazine and make a complaint about it on public forum instead of trying to contact the company directly themselves. Seriously, it took me all of 10 seconds to get this information: ride@revolutionmtb.com.au

Email them and explain your situation instead of relying on others to 'pass on a message' or hoping that someone from the magazine will read this thread. A bit of initiative wouldn't go astray. /rant
Yeah, everyone with a sub for a mag that updates every couple of months through zinio could individually email revo and zinio both, and then keep it to themselves, or someone could post something helpful here in the main part of the forum for those who use this site regularly and hadn't yet realised revo hadn't updated. Just had a quick look, my last was Feb, has there been anything since?

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
@rednightmare, you're a genius.
Minds like this make the world turn but maybe just maybe I have written on the forum to find out if other people were also waiting for their issue to arrive or if I was just the only one.
Seems not, so now I can rest in peace and wonder why [r]evo haven't gotten their act together with sending out their latest issue that sum of us have paid for.

And yes I have written to [r]evo, still waiting on their reply.
At no point in your first two posts did you mention contacting the magazine yourself. You talked of a friend 'passing a message' to the magazine as well as hoping that someone from [r]evo would see this thread - hence my rant. If you have really contacted the magazine yourself, how would I or any other posters be expected to know? When did you contact the magazine and have you given them sufficient time to reply?

I'm not against a 'naming and shaming' policy for companies or people not following through with their duties or obligations. However, the accused should have the right of reply before being slandered in a public forum. This is the normal policy for private sales on here gone bad so why should it be any different for magazines?

Yeah, everyone with a sub for a mag that updates every couple of months through zinio could individually email revo and zinio both, and then keep it to themselves, or someone could post something helpful here in the main part of the forum for those who use this site regularly and hadn't yet realised revo hadn't updated. Just had a quick look, my last was Feb, has there been anything since?
I don't have my tablet on at the moment, for me to be accurate and not miss leading I think the last cover has Troy Brosnan on it? I will double check tomorrow and let you know.

At no point in your first two posts did you mention contacting the magazine yourself. You talked of a friend 'passing a message' to the magazine as well as hoping that someone from [r]evo would see this thread - hence my rant. If you have really contacted the magazine yourself, how would I or any other posters be expected to know? When did you contact the magazine and have you given them sufficient time to reply?

I'm not against a 'naming and shaming' policy for companies or people not following through with their duties or obligations. However, the accused he was should have the right of reply before being slandered in a public forum. This is the normal policy for private sales on here gone bad so why should it be any different for magazines?
OK OK I appologise, sorry I didnt write every little detail down the first time.
but I do have good news....

my ''friend'' the insider, has told me that there may have been a little slip up and that he was waiting to hear back about it.
I'm more then sure the readers who have paid for this service are going to receive their issue.
and my OP wasn't a slander on revo it was more a question to the public, seeing if I was the only one having this trouble (maybe it was my tablet or Zinios service that hasd the problem). If it came across as slander then I have worded my post wrong and for that I appologise to Revo.

[R]evolution Mag

[R]evolution
[R]evolution Magazine

Guys,

I have just been made aware of this thread this morning and wanted to act on it/bring you all up to speed immediately on the situation we've been having with our current digital supplier. Firstly a big apology to those of you that subscribe to the magazine through Zinio and still haven't received the current issue. Your frustration is more than justified and it’s certainly not our intention to have screwed you over. Without wanting to go into specific details, behind the scenes we've been having huge dramas with Zinio this past year which has resulted in digital magazines being delivered late, if even at all. This is a massive problem for us, not only because we pay them a huge amount of money for the service, but because they represent us and carry our name and when loyal readers choose to support the mag with a digital sub and it is not delivered (before the mag hits the stands like it should be) it screws us and you both over. It beyond sucks that we put all this effort into creating and producing a magazine and then a third party delivery service throws all that under the bus... Never the less this has been our problem and we have been putting in a huge amount of effort to fix it. We’re confident that we’ve been able to do just that and in fact whilst doing so we’re about to take the digital front of the magazine to a whole new level!
Which brings me to my next point, we have a very big announcement to make official later today. At the end of last year we partnered with Apple and have spent the last 6 months developing our own App, which is now live in the Apple iTunes Newsstand. Obviously partnering with the largest digital provider in the universe is an exciting move for the magazine, however the most important step in our eyes is that we can now guarantee that each and every digital subscriber will receive their copies delivered direct to their inbox the day before the hard copy hits the stands across Australia and NZ. More information about our App will be dropping later today when we put out an official press release on our website and social media.

Anyone that has ever picked up a copy of the mag should have noticed that we're different to other mags out there. We've not just a vehicle for pushing ads. To be honest we don't even have a legit ad sales team as it’s not about making money and force feeding you guys marketing shit. We are a group of riders that are passionate about bikes, and the greater Aussie scene, and we put our blood sweat and tears into producing a magazine that documents the scene that we are all apart of. Hopefully you guys dig it each issue because at the end of the day you guys, the readers, are the reason we do what we do.

To address the current problem we have with Zinio and the latest issue, I have been assured this issue will finally be delivered this week. In addition to this [R]evolution will be offering each and every current Zinio subscriber a free digital subscription to our Apple version for the remainder of their Zinio sub. Plus, and in addition to that, we're offering to also send a hard copy of each remaining issue, including the current issue, to every Zinio subscriber. To speed up the process of us getting in touch with each of you please feel free to email me your details and I will personally ensure you're taken care of: jt@revolutionmtb.com.au

With our app now live we will be wrapping up our partnership with Zinio in the near future as soon as we can ensure each subscriber is taken care of, switched across to Apple and is entirely happy with the service they are receiving.

Sorry once again and thank you in advance for your patients and (hopefully) understanding. Anyone reading this that would like to get in touch with me directly at any time for whatever reason, please feel free to do so: jt@revolutionmtb.com.au

Cheers....................................JT
Editor // [R]evolution Magazine

ADD

Likes Dirt
[R]evolution Mag;2551190 said:
Anyone that has ever picked up a copy of the mag should have noticed that we're different to other mags out there. We've not just a vehicle for pushing ads. To be honest we don't even have a legit ad sales team as it’s not about making money and force feeding you guys marketing shit. We are a group of riders that are passionate about bikes, and the greater Aussie scene, and we put our blood sweat and tears into producing a magazine that documents the scene that we are all apart of. Hopefully you guys dig it each issue because at the end of the day you guys, the readers, are the reason we do what we do.
I love a good hard copy of Revo. The texture of the paper, the smell of the print... Ahhh

I love a good hard copy of Revo. The texture of the paper, the smell of the print... Ahhh
Dude, lol.

Mr JT,

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry to hear about the troubles with Zinio, I hope apple doesn't drop the ball on future issues.
You have gone beyond the point of making it up with your offer and I'm sure people will be satisfied with their subscription now.
Will there be a chance Android devices get an App too?
(Does anyone know if Apple products work on Android?)

Once again thanks for the outcome.
All the best.

S.