Richard from Sydney

Hi,

Just about to start out mountain biking. Many years on a road bike but a big accident a few years ago really sapped my confidence. Figure this might be a good way to get back on the horse.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Welcome. A good way to ease yourself into it would be the Oaks trail in the Blue Mountains. http://nobmob.com/rides/theoaks. It's not too challenging and gives you a taste of the differences between road and mtb.

Once you're more confident then Manly Dam, omv in Hornsby and Wylde are good options.

Some good clubs about as well depending on where you live. Wsmtb and mwmtb are quite active.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Get amongst it! At least on the dirt most of your accidents will only leave you to blame. The road can be freaky shit.

Have you acquired a bike and crew yet?

No bike or crew. I just moved here from Melbourne, took one look at the drivers and the roads and thought... I'm not messing with that.

Thanks for all the info. I'll definitely join a club but in the meantime I'm looking for a used bike. Although I'm 6'4 so might need to buy new as XL's seem rare.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
No bike or crew. I just moved here from Melbourne, took one look at the drivers and the roads and thought... I'm not messing with that.

Thanks for all the info. I'll definitely join a club but in the meantime I'm looking for a used bike. Although I'm 6'4 so might need to buy new as XL's seem rare.
Russthedog has a great bike for sale on here. Would fit you very well.

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=312156&share_fid=1708&share_type=t

Pole Evolink 110 Mountain Bike Amazing near new

stirk

Burner
Wow. Must be a better way to say that. :)
Did you not notice his username!

Welcome, if you head to the blue mountains and want to be shown some trail happy to be guide for some stuff I know. Early morning weekends only and unlike @Mr Crudley, best to message if you have a hope in hell of finding me!!

Are you a little jealous someone else is riding his pole?
I won't lie... I am a little. There was still a question mark around the size/fit and I'd hate to fly down only to find it was too small. Still, you don't know what feels right until you try... so I hear.

Mr Crudley

Glock in your sock
Welcome, if you head to the blue mountains and want to be shown some trail happy to be guide for some stuff I know. Early morning weekends only and unlike @Mr Crudley, best to message if you have a hope in hell of finding me!!
We could meet up for ride sometime in near future at the Blue Mts. You are easy to notice on your Kona I think, maybe.........

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Where in sydney mate? Loftus is a pretty good place to ride when your dipping the toes, plenty of easier single track, and some nice techy stuff aswell. Small loops tgat intersect alot, so plenty of trails in a small area, and a decent run out to heathcote if you just want to ride in one direction along some fireroad and smooth tight single track.

Also appin has some awesome trails too, abit hard to find when you first go down, but exploring is fun so eh.

mekros

Likes Dirt
Welcome, I'm a fellow Melbourne escapee and now based in the lower Blue Mountains. When you get a bike and want to go for an easy ride give me a yell.

Andy_Ryder

Likes Bikes
Fark i would be going from a mountain bike to a road bike if i wanted to live. Just out of hospital myself from going OTB at about 700km/h down a DH section i'd never ridden before.

Depending on what area you are from in Sydney, Loftus has some easier trails, H20 in Westleigh also is a chilled ride. Even Hornsby OMV is pretty relaxed. Just ease into it.

Stay away from Mt Narra and the likes, a lot of double blacks that you will spend most of your time walking your bike down :)