Rides in inner Melbourne

Ezreal2001

Likes Bikes
Hi all,

I'm down to Melbourne to see the rels for Christmas and the wife's just said I can bring my bike.

Whats on offer thats within half an hour's drive of Kew?

FYI I ride a Coiler and alternate weekends between Mt Majura, Mt Stromlo and Sparow Hill

tia

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
You've got Studley Park pretty much on the doorstep there mate. Lots of windy riverside singletrack with some cool little descents and tricky climbs. Best tackled during the week as some of the best singletrack is supposed to be off limits to bikes and is usually crowded with dog-walkers and snooty toorak old ladies taking their afternoon constitutional. Basically head for the river and look for the trees. It's quite a big area and there's a golf course smack bang in the middle so you might have to do a bit of exploring before you find the best bits. Watch out for snakes though. It's like an Indiana Jones scene there sometimes.

If you're going for a drive Lysterfield Park's probably just under half an hour away. It's out towards the eastern suburbs. Grab a melways or check it out on street-directory.com.au. There are quite a few good XC tracks there -including the Commonwealth Games track- all mapped out and signposted for your convenience.

Last edited: