rides / loops Wollongong area, XC

ryanburke

Likes Bikes
Looking for any link ups and longer loops in the broader Gongland area. Fire trails OK. Any suggestions?

Many trails to be explored mate.
Appin circuit, helensburgh near some public hall, the brokers nose ride area. Start that last one on hospital road bulli, right up the top of that, then keep taking the south options and up.

Ta. have ridden s few of those. Any ideas for linking the east of the escarpment with Appin or the like?
I bumped into a chap while I was riding from Wedderburn to Darkes Forest and back who had come from Wollongong. Darkes Forest to Wedderburn = all fire trail. Wedderburn to Appin is not far

ryanburke

Likes Bikes
Ta. have ridden s few of those. Any ideas for linking the east of the escarpment with Appin or the like?

If you ride the fire trail coming from brokers nose lookout (where the telecommunications tower is) you'll have two options, to remain heading west, or go north. North takes you to either hospital road/hobart street bulli, or to bulli pass. But if you stay west, you'll head towards picton road and will find a single trail taking you to mount keira

ADD

Likes Dirt
If you have strava add some if the famous and fast locals like Josh Carlson and John Hardwick. Check out some of the rides they do around Wollongong. Always fun exploring all the awesome trails around the gong.

Comic Book Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
...or to bulli pass...
Not done this myself but apparently there is a walking track that goes from Bulli Tops all the way to Sublime Point. From Sublime Point there is apparently a fire trail that parallels the Old Princess Highway nearly to the Boomerang Golf Course. From here it is only a short bitumen run till you get to Darkes Forest road and then onto Dharawal NP. A guy I know told me this is how he got to Brokers Nose from Wedderburn with a minmum of bitumen (no it wasn't me).

asimz

Squid
Get on the crankeequacks email list. They do rides leaving Thirroul most saturday mornings all through bulli tops across to mt keira, north of bulli pass etc.

Last edited:

Korbzy

Likes Bikes
So I went for a ride to brokers nose today, went up tarrawanna coal mine to the lower escarpment trail than followed it till NRE, and the fire traol turned up rixons pass. Just wondering if there is a easier way up because there were some insanely steep stuff that the bike kept slipping on. Also at the top of brokers nose is there a firetrail to follow to take you to mt ousley, I want to find a easy track for my gf to take her on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Halo1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I went for a ride to brokers nose today, went up tarrawanna coal mine to the lower escarpment trail than followed it till NRE, and the fire traol turned up rixons pass. Just wondering if there is a easier way up because there were some insanely steep stuff that the bike kept slipping on. Also at the top of brokers nose is there a firetrail to follow to take you to mt ousley, I want to find a easy track for my gf to take her on

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
I will pm you some details as some one will have a hissy fit if I mention trails on here, even though they are all pretty visible on strava these days.