Riding DH in Vic.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It has run its course and serves no purpose to remain.

Last edited:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For some reason the quality of the vid I have linked is not the same as youtube, any ideas of what I have done? Not my forte...

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice vid, even better trail IRL! I don't understand though. You want to keep the location of the track a secret, yet post up a chesty cam of it just to get people asking about where it is? :confused:

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I think it's a fair c**t act to put up vids of a trail like that and say screw you guys, it's ours.

Rendog

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For some reason the quality of the vid I have linked is not the same as youtube, any ideas of what I have done? Not my forte...
When you embed it, it doesn't give an option of what playback it plays back in (ie. 360, 460, 720p, etc...) so it automatically makes it 360p (low quality) and obviously when you play it on YouTube you are playing it back in 720p (much higher quality)

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah, I think it's a fair c**t act to put up vids of a trail like that and say screw you guys, it's ours.
I'm not saying that at all. The place is certainly not a secret, if you ride DH regularly in Vic it's pretty common knowledge. It just doesn't need to be listed in a public forum for obvious reasons. Why not think of it this way, there is a pot of gold out there somewhere, use your smarts and good luck....

I put the vid up to show it off to the broader Aus MTB community, perhaps it wasn't a wise thing to do!

benannear

Likes Bikes
Track!!

Now I can see what you've been talking about Wisey. I'm all for keeping it secret, the thrill of the chase etc.

WynterPlace

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I just watched it again, and recognised the road crossing in the middle of the run. I'll have to check it out next time i'm there, I haven't been down that side before.

specci82

Likes Dirt
I just watched it again, and recognised the road crossing in the middle of the run. I'll have to check it out next time i'm there, I haven't been down that side before.
Yes that road crossing... i've crashed off the top of that thing!! Doesn't look that high in the vid. Very nice riding guys.

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Track Location........

I so know where this track is....its just outside of Kilmore. Oh sweet times!!!!!:cool:

Wisey, nice CGI in that vid. I am so impress you were able to put in all that foreign follage, and those jumps. Nice touch man!;)

On another note, how'd ya get the chesty cam to stay so smooth? Was a neck brace worn?

dunndog

Eats Squid
I so know where this track is....its just outside of Kilmore. Oh sweet times!!!!!:cool:

Wisey, nice CGI in that vid. I am so impress you were able to put in all that foreign follage, and those jumps. Nice touch man!;)

On another note, how'd ya get the chesty cam to stay so smooth? Was a neck brace worn?
Very true, impressive cgi. Switching skis/snow at Buller in august last year to bikes/bush at- Kilmore did you say?- was just brilliant. All that was missing was a sexy blue chick wearing bugger all flying around on a dragon thingy.
A great track and ridden bloody well. great work.

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt

It took hours to complete that scenery and make it look realistic...!

Steve set the GoPro up in upside down mode and that was all we did I think. Was just strapped to Tims chest and that is all, usually smooth and Tim don't go together! That is my bike he is riding and only the second run on it so he did well to ride the track like that on a totally unfamiliar bike.

Timbot

Likes Dirt
all hail the chief.

It took hours to complete that scenery and make it look realistic...!

Steve set the GoPro up in upside down mode and that was all we did I think. Was just strapped to Tims chest and that is all, usually smooth and Tim don't go together! That is my bike he is riding and only the second run on it so he did well to ride the track like that on a totally unfamiliar bike.
Matt,you are to kind.O great one.

big geoff

Likes Dirt
hey there boys the track looks super buff and slinky. i havn't been down that run in ages and it's amazing how not steep it looks on film especially the fern gully bit. don't know if you've checked out the vid my mate nate put up but if you guys want to come check it out for something different pm me.