Riding Forrest - Which trails?

digbyj

Scooteria
Hey All,
Heading down to ride Forrest next week.
I'd like to ride a maximum of around 2 1/2 to 3 hrs or 25 to 30km with as much singletrack as possible.
Can anyone tell me which tracks i must ride and which are avoidable.
I've got a map and also noticed it's in 2 parts. But I reckon there's well over 40km all up and won't have time for it all.
Cheers!

rearviewmirror

Likes Dirt
North section has great climbs, the south bit has a lot of fast flowing singletrack. They're both good, and are both doable in a single day. Check out the map from the Otway Odyssey 50km last weekend.

digbyj

Scooteria
Nah no garmin, but funny you mention those tracks because that's about what I was looking at doing after looking at the map.
How long does that usually take you?

digbyj

Scooteria
Rode Forrest on Friday. Nice. Did something around the area of tracks 7 to 10 about 20k's. Was sick all week so took it pretty easy. 8 - grass trees is a pisser of a track, nice and tight and... yep grass trees everywhere. Great flowy singletrack.
Some nice nice trails there followed up by 4 pints from Forrest Brewery (takeaway).
This week, Erica...

Rode Forrest on Friday. Nice. Did something around the area of tracks 7 to 10 about 20k's. Was sick all week so took it pretty easy. 8 - grass trees is a pisser of a track, nice and tight and... yep grass trees everywhere. Great flowy singletrack.
Some nice nice trails there followed up by 4 pints from Forrest Brewery (takeaway).
This week, Erica...
check out www.gippslandmtb.com.au for erica trail maps

Stew41

Likes Bikes
I did two loops on the weekend that took ~1.45hr each:

(1) Railtrail + tracks 16, 8, 9, 10, 7 (say 27km)

(2) tracks 1 - 6 (say 22km)

Riding was very hard going given then amount of rain (3 and 6 particularly difficult) so I'm sure in dry weather and decent legs both could be done closer to 1:35hr.