riding from Gladstone Q

microRobbie

Likes Bikes
Dear RBurners,

Wondering if anyone out there could help us out with a q: what are the options like for riding from Gladstone airport to Agnes waters/1770? I'm flying up and have to get down there somehow and as I couldn't find any transport except a 8.30 a.m greyhound which leaves before my flight gets in, I was thinking of just shooting down the Bruce hwy but have no idea what its like. Not keen on dealing with too much traffic but if it has a decent verge I wouldn't mind. Off/back road options would be cool although I don't have much time to get down there and its abut 120km.

Also grateful to hear thoughts on general riding options round the area.
Thanks

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It is a very busy road, can be rough in places and not all that wide at times. Lots of trucks may be an issue. The new cycling road rules do seem to be protecting riders a bit though. You turn off at Miriam Vale onto Tablelands Rd and then left onto Round Hill Rd to Agnes Waters and then on to 1770. It should be a good ride.

microRobbie

Likes Bikes
It is a very busy road, can be rough in places and not all that wide at times. Lots of trucks may be an issue. The new cycling road rules do seem to be protecting riders a bit though. You turn off at Miriam Vale onto Tablelands Rd and then left onto Round Hill Rd to Agnes Waters and then on to 1770. It should be a good ride.

Thanks for the advice. Trucks narrow roads and bikes definitely do not mix so you have convinced me to find another way down. Cheers

noel0409

Likes Bikes
Try getting on the train down to Miriam Vale from there it would be a nice ride and shouldn't be too busy. 1770 and Agnes are amongst my favorite places hope you enjoy your stay

microRobbie

Likes Bikes
Thanks but it looks like both buses and train leave before I get there. Ill take the shitter with thick slicks and get off the road if any big trucks come up behind. Cheers