Riding to St Albans

Hornsby

Likes Dirt
A questions for those of you who have ridden the Convict trail in the St Albans region of NSW

I am staying at the Mogo Creek camp ground this weekend which is close to the Convict Trail north from Wisemans Ferry. I have ridden the trail many times and done the DW/Convict 100 3 times so I know the trail very well. However my question for you is as follows.
Can you ride down the downhill part of the DW/Convict 50 at any time? I know that you can't ride down the uphill part down to Wright's Creek, but is the bottom of the other section open to the public?
I plan to ride from the campground to the pub for lunch, where my wife will have a car for the trip back up the hill to the campground:very_drunk:. If we can't ride this section then we will need to plan for more time to ride all the way to Shepard's gully.

Look forward to your answers.

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
As far as I know, Wrights Road is private land and permission needs to be sought from the local land owners and extends to the gate at the top of the Convict Trail 50/100km climb. Best be planning to ride down Sheppard's Gully.