right knee problems

crim 87

Likes Dirt
hey guys im having a few dramas with the inside of my right knee while im riding , tried a few different seat heights and higher seems to be the go but its still getting a little sore. the left knee has been fine at all the seat heights any ideas on what it could be ??

my02

Likes Dirt
Go and see a physio rather than relying on 20 different opinions from people who aren't qualified and can't even see you.

That said its most likely a crank issue compounding a right leg dominance that's been spawned by too much left hand cornering with a little excessive use of the right brachioradialis.

Just my opinion.......

crim 87

Likes Dirt
cheers might have to , just thought someone might have had the same problem before. you sure your not a physio ??

rone

Eats Squid
Go and see a physio rather than relying on 20 different opinions from people who aren't qualified and can't even see you.

That said its most likely a crank issue compounding a right leg dominance that's been spawned by too much left hand cornering with a little excessive use of the right brachioradialis.

Just my opinion.......
This. I would love to be able to give advice but I am only knowledgeable on left knee injuries.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
A few questions:

When did the pain first start -was there any injury or just appeared one day?
How strong is the pain and how long does it last post ride - any swelling?
Have you ever had any ankle, hip, back or other musculoskeletal problems?

Inside of the knee towards the bottom corner is a common place for knee pain, might be patella tracking issue (patellofemoral syndrome) or it may be something to do with the various muscle attachments there - Pes anserinus tendonopathy/bursitis...

Just my opinion.......
There are a few people on here more than qualified - you just never know. Although I do agree that internet based assessment and diagnosis is very hit and miss.

This. I would love to be able to give advice but I am only knowledgeable on left knee injuries.
Haha!

Aussie Biker

Likes Bikes
Do you ride in cleats? I used to have the same problem but just adjusted the cleat of my shoe.

I did this by sitting on a table or bench with my feet hanging down. The natural turn of my feet was the way I adjusted the cleat so my foot was more comfortable. Almost instant results.

I hope this makes sense!

crim 87

Likes Dirt
thanks heaps for the help guys , it just appeared one day its not super painful while riding just annoying. it doesn't really swell from what i can tell and its usually feeling better after a couple of days. yeah i do have a lower back problem due to bricklaying but try to manage it with regular swimming and chiro visits. might have to try adjusting the cleats sounds like a pretty good idea and would have never thought of it cheers guys