Riks self indulgent music thread (warning, chin stroking music snob inside)

Rik

logged out
Something I've been meaning to do for a while, consolidate a lot of my bullshit about wacky alternative music in to one thread, also copying many of the gig listings I post on other forums.
You're going to get an insight in to a world full of twisted sounds :)

First up, because it's late and I've been on the phone for 3 hours sorting out ridiculous situations, a few flyers to keep you entertained.
Go to this party:

If the names don't mean much to you, have a search for them online as just about everyone offers their tracks for free download. It'll be fun.

The second one is the reason for my headaches of late, for I am one half of "irontwist".

:eek::D:cool:

Much more content to come as I get time to update it.
For now, search for the artists involved above and be prepared for blown eardrums.

NCR600

Likes Dirt
I might come along, missus pending. Always prepared to open my mind.

It better be special after the RRW LP though ! ;)

Rik

logged out
Band Camp is going to be insane, diverse and about as far-out as a music gig can get. You have everything from 666bpm (lol:) ) speedcore (Rybacker) through to experimental noise/poetry (NOTV). I'll compile a list of links to check out each artist soon.

My gig will be insane just for the intensity of the lineup, half the guys are internationally recognised artists and the music will be out of control. I just wish more metalheads would turn up so they can shit their pants at how heavy "crap electro doof doof techno crap" can get :D

NCR600

Likes Dirt
It'll be good to add those shows to my next month or so's list. I'm going to "Sounds in the Grounds" at the Uni of Sydney, mostly because the missus likes Salmonella Dub, but I'm mostly looking forwards to Wolf & Cub at that one. We're also going to Fat Freddy's Drop (such a laid back sound I'm sure I'll enjoy it) as well as those American Ska punk bands that're coming out.

Fun ahoy (especially if I wear my metalhead clothes!)

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Band Camp is going to be insane, diverse and about as far-out as a music gig can get. You have everything from 666bpm (lol:) ) speedcore (Rybacker) through to experimental noise/poetry (NOTV). I'll compile a list of links to check out each artist soon.

My gig will be insane just for the intensity of the lineup, half the guys are internationally recognised artists and the music will be out of control. I just wish more metalheads would turn up so they can shit their pants at how heavy "crap electro doof doof techno crap" can get :D
Justice Yeldham's act is a mindfuck. I enjoy breakcore and noise gigs, I just find them heaps interesting. I'd like to go to that camping on, it looks amazing.

wombat

Lives in a hole
We're also going to Fat Freddy's Drop (such a laid back sound I'm sure I'll enjoy it) as well as those American Ska punk bands that're coming out.
I saw Fat Freddy's at the great escape this year, kind of by accident actually, was just wandering past as they came on. So glad I caught them though, it was an awesome set, I'd gladly see them again.

It is however possible that I was just in the right...mood, for their set.

Misplaced

Formerly Unfit
Thats not music!

let me tell you what music is, why back in the glory years when ol' hank and his big band...whats that T-shirt say sonny??

Rik

logged out
Breakcore/noise is as much music as tagging is art :D

http://www.myspace.com/dillingerescapeplan

Holy shit! Insanity again, with added electronic sounds... mmm, tasty.

Bush Party this weekend, I'll do my best to collect and post a bunch of links to mp3s/vids of the acts so you have an idea of what to expect.

There's another DSS party coming up on the 24th, Sydney people you have no excuse to miss a warehouse party with 7 sound systems of various styles. And of course my party the next day for recovery, it's going to be a great weekend of music.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All these genres/sub-genres are confusing rik :eek:.

I do enjoy a bit of DnB, Breakcore and Industrial but I'm limited to what I got on my computer at the moment and have a hard time of sourcing new shit.

Got any suggestions of any artists I should check out - particularly DnB and Breakcore artists?

Rik

logged out
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

eternalgorias

Likes Dirt
The storm is getting colder in the place of the frozen sun, alone on the mountainside breathing the clearest winds.

BLOODED MIGHTY RAVEN DARK!

Hell yeah.

Rik

logged out
Irontwist presents:

Sunday Bloody Sunday
25th November, Midday - 10pm

Featuring...
Main room:
Xylocaine (Bloody Fist) [live]
Mark N (Bloody Fist)
Paul Blackout (Hardline Rekz)
Mr 556a (Com-baton) [live] - last show ever
Diabolique (Irontwist) [live]
Dj Zeitgeist (SY:CO)
Fraughman (Power Violence) [live]
Maladroit (Hong Kong Violence)

Second room:
Evil Noise (Irontwist) [live]
Retali8 (Zerohour)
Dim Figure (Killerwatts) [live]
Double Robin (DSS)
Dislasystem (Killerwatts) [live]
Autoclave [live]
Nightshade (Killerwatts)
Ivan the Terrible (Tribot)
Scotty (Hostile Placenta)
Matt Bleak (Random Stabbings/Splitterblast) [live]
Semtex Disruptor (Random Stabbings/Splitterblast)

Irontwist discussion on breakcore.com.au

Check out the artist profiles plus plenty of free song/set downloads

Visuals by 7U? and Dislasystem

$15 entry, Live House 794 Parramatta Rd Lewisham

Event will feature 2 rooms with 10 hours of music, 3 beer gardens, gourmet BBQ food available, stalls for cd/shirt/art/misc merchandise.

First 100 people through the door receive an exclusive Irontwist mix CD

Catch us on www.myspace.com/irontwist for updates as well as gig listings for local interesting/alternative/free events and parties

Keep an eye on www.irontwist.net closer to the day for more info on set times and other details. Due to the quality and quantity of artists playing this event there's no "headliner" as such, just solid music spread out over 10 hours, so be sure to check back for set times a few days beforehand to make sure you won't miss your favourite acts.

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
Damn. the Lewisham hotel's changed a bit since I was there last...

Sounds sick. But I'll be too far away to make it...

Wooly

Likes Dirt
im a metal head so don\'t get me wrong but, all these music festivals, what kind of music will be played there, if its anything heavy you can bet i\'ll be there.

Rik

logged out
Have a look at the downloads page for Irontwist for a few ideas of what it'll sound like. Guys like Matt Bleak and Evil Noise step up to show you how heavy it can be ;) Most of this electronic stuff is harder, faster, heavier and more technical than most metal can ever dream to be - I'm a metalhead myself but have switched to the dark(er) side. If you want absolute obliteration of your senses, digital noise/speedcore/breakcore is the way to go ;)

Rik

logged out
If you don't know what to do this weekend or have been living under a rock, check out this...

To warm up:

This promises to be interesting, portable sound systems, DJs and all sorts of mayhem to be unleashed on King St.

From there, drag yourself to...

Asbestos Productions presents Chanel no.5 the newscents

Call 0410 191 334 or 0420 265 709 on the night

Multiple sound system warehouse free party
Saturday 24th November 2007
the party will run from 10pm to whenever it finishes.
This is a Free Party if you would like to contribute to the event in any way please contact dssfreeparty@hotmail.com

DSS presents:
Insurgent
Double Robin
Luka
Aggrovator
Devise
Victim
Boot v Sook
Samo
Redfern Labs

Further attractions:
15k DSS WALL OF SOUND SYSTEM tuned to perfection using SIA Smaartlive, lighting and décor by Ubersexual, visuals by JAX, 1 x backup venue.

Dog N Duck / Ohms not Bombs presents:
Combat Wombat
The Cartel
Mashy P
Lil’ed
Juice&Brill
Franko
Discombobulater

Bump presents:
Tba

F.T.P (live bands) presents:
Fuji Collective
The Phonies
Kobra Kai
The Crooked Fiddle Band
Plus tba

Killer Watts presents:
Tba

Bodega presents:
Cleptoclectics (live)
Phil Chan (Southern Outpost)
Bodega DJS

Intensified presents:
Sunday Dub Club DJs
Plus others

And of course my party on the Sunday :cool:

The best in alternative/free parties Sydney will see for a while, topped off with the biggest hard electronic event in years. How's that for some fun!