rims and hubs

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
Okay so I need new rims and i think i have found the pair for me. But i just want to make sure that they are high quality rims. I also need some help wth front and back hubs not to sure about what is good or not.

Rim i am thinking about it the Mavic EX823

My price range for the hubs and rim set is $500 max.

Thanks for you input:)

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
Hey, I don't have much experience with the brands and what is good or not, but what about the Da Bomb for the hubs? I think they're very good quality and i am getting them with my new set of wheels soon.
Hope that helped.

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
823's are good if you want to go tubeless..
If tubeless isn't a big concern then go 721's.
MTX's also seem to be popular and may be worth a try.

You can pick up a 721/hope wheelset from CRC for a pretty decent price in your budget. Just get them checked over/trued by a local bike shop before you ride.

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
I dont realy want to go tubeless.

And yes i am most likey gettting rims and hubs from crc.

any other opions?

merc-blue

Likes Bikes and Dirt
721s on hopes is absolutely ideal. hubs will last forever, and 721s seem to be the benchmark for good rims, not the absolute strongest or lightest but they do well in both areas for a good price

dh 4life

Likes Dirt
oh i saw that i thought is just ment avaible in EU only well that sucks:mad:

does anyone have any good ideas for some strong rims

my_bike

Likes Dirt
Why don't you just buy them in Australia? shure it will cost more but you still get a strong rim.

Hey, I don't have much experience with the brands and what is good or not, but what about the Da Bomb for the hubs? I think they're very good quality and i am getting them with my new set of wheels soon.
Hope that helped.
Da Bomb hubs are really good, probably a little in the heavy side but they are bomb proof and free maintenance. They are running in a DB Revolver gold camo wheelset and have survived my FR, them my DH bike for most than a year and now they are back in my FR.