RIP Keith Flint

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Easily the greatest on stage performer we've had the pleasure of seeing. So much energy, so much passion, so damn good at it.
Long story short; this group is the greatest influence on my ears and even attitude to life since 1991. I've got the band's logo tattooed on an ankle to constantly remind me that everything I've experienced from their tunes is always good. I've seen them countless times and cannot remember one second of those shows as they were so frantic and awesome.
I admired Keith for his exploits away from the stage as a motorbike enthusiast who pumped some cash into his own team and got results, thats really cool. There's a bunch of other cool shit he's done that makes me smile but above all else, the times he bothered to do some vocals on some of the songs were always the highlight of the albums.
My wife and I are in the midst of planning our next overseas holiday and a big thing on my bucket list is to the The Prodigy play live indoors in England, that'd be the icing on the cake for me and that group of guys. I totally adore whatever music Liam makes but if he says nope, thats the end then that'd be the ultimate nod to Keith Flint.
I'm so sorry Keith is gone but am so pumped to say that The Prodigy has influenced my life in so many positive ways that I am so proud to have been a part of it for thirty years. This live version of Firestarter at Glastonbury in 1997 is a weekly spin for me, fucking amazing.

born-again-biker

Is looking for a 16" bar
Yeah I saw that.
The story I read stated that he took his own life. Bloody awful.
RIP Kieth. Thank you for the awesome music.

Haakon

Keeps on digging
Big Day Out at the Melbourne Showgrounds at some point in the 90s... Great show.

Depression is a sneaky fucker...

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Experience, Jilted Generation and Fat of the Land are all classics. I bought different imported versions of them, + singles and bootlegs when I was a bit obsessed with them.

Can't say I'm a fan (or can actually name) what came after those albums. Only saw them the once, and it was much too late in their careers to be memorable.

So I'll just remember Keith for his 90s self, because thats the dude that was weird, provocative and interesting.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
God, who didn't jump around in the loungeroom to The Prodigy playing so loudly the neighbors' neighbors complained? I'm bummed to hear Keith committed suicide. I think it's fitting to quote Kurgan from Highlander since he sorta looked like Keith... 'better to burn out than fade away'.

safreek

Easily the greatest on stage performer we've had the pleasure of seeing. So much energy, so much passion, so damn good at it.
Long story short; this group is the greatest influence on my ears and even attitude to life since 1991. I've got the band's logo tattooed on an ankle to constantly remind me that everything I've experienced from their tunes is always good. I've seen them countless times and cannot remember one second of those shows as they were so frantic and awesome.
I admired Keith for his exploits away from the stage as a motorbike enthusiast who pumped some cash into his own team and got results, thats really cool. There's a bunch of other cool shit he's done that makes me smile but above all else, the times he bothered to do some vocals on some of the songs were always the highlight of the albums.
My wife and I are in the midst of planning our next overseas holiday and a big thing on my bucket list is to the The Prodigy play live indoors in England, that'd be the icing on the cake for me and that group of guys. I totally adore whatever music Liam makes but if he says nope, thats the end then that'd be the ultimate nod to Keith Flint.
I'm so sorry Keith is gone but am so pumped to say that The Prodigy has influenced my life in so many positive ways that I am so proud to have been a part of it for thirty years. This live version of Firestarter at Glastonbury in 1997 is a weekly spin for me, fucking amazing.
The original and best, still on my playlist

link1896

Mr Greenfield
we're all getting old when the artists we most associate with start dying on mass. i'll be blasting smack my bitch up all the way home tonight as a tribute to Keith. i'm also in the same club @droenn

teK--

Eats Squid
Their music shaped my life forever. Seen them live and also Leeroy's solos after he split off, and never failed to impress. It sent chills when Keith said on stage in Melbourne only weeks ago, "I'm gonna die up here!!!" As if it was some hidden message. Hope he finds peace.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
This just hit me:
I saved up for a lavish trip to New Zealand in February and had to skip seeing The Prodigy in Australia at that time. They were however playing in Auckland while I was in Queenstown and I had almost booked flights to see them for that show. I didn't do it and now I really regret it, it was The Prodigy's last live show as we know it.
Fuck. :(