RIP Keith Flint

binner

Hath shat hymself
yeah, been pretty bummed all day......lets just say it was a shit day in all today, this wasn't the only shit news today. Not work related just friends n stuff.
FAAAARK.....

John U

MTB Precision
Sad news.

The Prodigy at Big Day Out ‘97 Melbourne, main stage was one of the best live performances I have ever seen.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Grab World's on Fire..... have it on now Nucking Futs!
I made a pledge that any music I play in March is only going to be The Prodigy, wife is doing the same. I'm doing more than an album a day this week and will never get sick of it, the tunes mean even more now. ;)

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I made a pledge that any music I play in March is only going to be The Prodigy, wife is doing the same. I'm doing more than an album a day this week and will never get sick of it, the tunes mean even more now. ;)
The new album ain’t half bad either.. No Keith on this one but Liam still showing he has the chops to cut 20 years on..

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Some cool things to see this week:
-Fans have played so hard that The Prodigy albums have filled the top five on dance music charts in the UK. Some of the albums have also been scorching up the charts in the overall standings. I don't follow any sort of chart stuff but thats a cool play, really cool to see.
-Tons of people have gotten together to get an official statue or some sort of tribute happening via Council in Essex. There's a petition for some action and apparently the local Council is gonna do something relevant.

I haven't played anything other than the music in the last week and am playing the albums in chronological order. I'm up to the third cycle and still so pumped and happy that the music feels even better now. Still, so sad that old mate Keith found that way out but hey, his choice is his choice alone. :(

teK--

Eats Squid
Some cool things to see this week:
-Fans have played so hard that The Prodigy albums have filled the top five on dance music charts in the UK. Some of the albums have also been scorching up the charts in the overall standings. I don't follow any sort of chart stuff but thats a cool play, really cool to see.
-Tons of people have gotten together to get an official statue or some sort of tribute happening via Council in Essex. There's a petition for some action and apparently the local Council is gonna do something relevant.

I haven't played anything other than the music in the last week and am playing the albums in chronological order. I'm up to the third cycle and still so pumped and happy that the music feels even better now. Still, so sad that old mate Keith found that way out but hey, his choice is his choice alone. :(
That is awesome people power. Their latest gig really rejuvenated my love of their music. Our loss of Keith cemented it forever.

Freediver

I can go full Karen
I understand some people liked his performances but it's not like he wrote the music. He just got drug fucked and made a fool of himself. The best thing he did was be a damn good argument for not taking drugs. Flame away.

mtb1611

Seymour
Saw the Prodigy a number of times; BDO, Metro, Selinas....the Selinas gig stands out due to the heat. Standing mid dance floor, I became aware of what felt like raindrops hitting my head. Looking up, I saw that the roof was covered in condensation from the heat and sweat, that's what was hitting my head! Amazing gig, such a great performer and, from all accounts, a genuinley decent human.

teK--

Eats Squid
I understand some people liked his performances but it's not like he wrote the music. He just got drug fucked and made a fool of himself. The best thing he did was be a damn good argument for not taking drugs. Flame away.
So what. Do all members of every group write the music? He did vocals for several tracks and was the main man in their video and stage performances. He played as big a role as the other members. So much so I assume they will split up after this .

John U

MTB Precision
Regularly good music and drugs go hand in hand. The war on drugs has been a massively pointless failure, resulting in many deaths and criminalising and imprisoning otherwise innocent people.
Despite this being a Prodigy thread I think this belongs here.