Rival vs 105 groupset options

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Doesn't that just take a flat mount (160 mm) and make it another flat mount (140 mm)?
Yes, the bike-discount one is flat to flat mount - it just makes it a larger rotor fitting.

Not sure if you can buy post to flat mount adaptors. The link I added has a post to flat mount picture. But to be honest I haven't seen any floating around.

(by the way I never said they don't exist haha).

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Doesn't that just take a flat mount (160 mm) and make it another flat mount (140 mm)?

Damn this is confusing!
Whoops you're right! Just get an XT caliper.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Oddjob

These are looking like they would work - then get an XT derailleur and the wolf tooth conversion parts?
Xt 10 speed rd will work with 11 speed road brifters. You will probably need a goatlink to work with a 11-46 cassette though.

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
Just saw that Rival comes in both post and flat mount - so there is always that route. But doens't seem like Bikebug has stock of the former..

droenn

Fat Man's XC President
And I think I like the idea of Shimano being able to mix mtb and road to get a nice setup somewhere in the middle

Oddjob

Was thinking for 1x, the XT would allow for 11-42, whereas the RX800 (clutched Ultegra) seems to be 11-34. Unless I'm missing something again :)
Ultegra long cage will do 11-36. 10 speed XT will be cheaper than Ultegra though. If you do 11 speed XT you will need a tanpan or jtek to correct the difference in cable pull.

RichJS

Likes Dirt
I am soon to build up a Fargo with R7020 levers and M7000 2x11 for rest of groupset (inc calipers) - using Wolftooth Tanpan (shimano 11) for rear mech and JTEK Shiftmate 7 for front. Will see how it goes.

Oddjob

I am soon to build up a Fargo with R7020 levers and M7000 2x11 for rest of groupset (inc calipers) - using Wolftooth Tanpan (shimano 11) for rear mech and JTEK Shiftmate 7 for front. Will see how it goes.
I never had any luck getting my Ultegra 10 speed brifters to work with a jtek and 10 speed XT rd. Switching to a 9 speed slx rd works very well though. The jtek works great for the fd but you will need inline cable adjusters for front and rear.