RM Instinct

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Searching the forum tells me the last time I made a PYR thread was 2012... But pandemic crises do weird things to us and make us bored. So I washed my new(ish) bike today, then thought "that looks nice I should take a photo".

So here it is. Wanted to try a mid-travel 29" after riding a MkIII Nomad CC for the last little while. Have spent the last three weeks at home which has given me plenty of time to fuck about including buying new suspension and stuff. Now running Factory DPX2 and what was a Performance 36 which I did a GRIP2 swap on so I suppose is now Performance Elite. Fancy. Running the Ride9 in neutral setting with 150mm fork making 65º HTA and 75ºSTA so not super "progressive" PinkBike geometry but actually really well mannered and nice to ride. Also threw some One-Up bars on a while back because the 35mm clamp alloy RF bars that came stock were absolute bone shakers and gave me wrist pain. Add some decent tyres, and my old faithful saddle and Bob's your mother's brother as they say.

Probably ended up closer to the enduro end of the spectrum having set out for more of a trail bike, but whatcha gonna do?

Last edited:

glenn1529

Likes Dirt
Very sweet. I’ve always had a thing for RMs and Yetis since the 90’s. I find Yetis a bit meh now but these still give me a tingle. Nice work honing an already nice rig.