AM RMAltitude Vorsprunged | L-Bicycled | DVO | Shimongrel'd

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Awesome bike! before you scrap the 34's drop Tekin a line. Check out their FB page for hours and details - seems they have the altitude setup dialed.

teK--

Eats Squid
Sweet ride! Mate has the same it rides a dream on almost anything he throws at it.

Enjoy the tyres :)

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Sorry lol worn chain
haha... I was guessing that!

took the cranks off and discovered that my chainring is just a standard Raceface single ring... not a narrow-wide. So a narrow-wide is on its way!

Awesome bike! before you scrap the 34's drop Tekin a line. Check out their FB page for hours and details - seems they have the altitude setup dialed.
Spoke to Brad from Tekin, going in Friday to check out their RM Altitude. The TLA upgrade sounds like the go... better than having to fork out even more for a new fork right? ;)

Sweet ride! Mate has the same it rides a dream on almost anything he throws at it.

Enjoy the tyres :)
Thanks mate... I'll keep running the conti's for now, the front is great, but the rear kept losing pressure really quickly. But after a few more rides, seems like the rear has sealed up! But definitely looking forwards to getting back to my favourite setup of super tacky minions up front, and high rollers on the rear.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
quick question guys, I'm looking at dropping the chainguide since a narrow-wide is on the way, and I wouldn't mind it being a little quieter.

Will a XC top guide be sufficient for DH runs with clutched derailleur+narrow-wide? or should I refit the e.13 on DH runs?

Z

Zaf

Changing the rebound on the Float X must be a nightmare with how it is mounted to the Ride 9 system there.

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a ride on a RM altitude the other day with Fox 34's with the Vorsprung cartridge inside, so damn plush but still ramped up nicely. Very much on par with my own pikes.

quick question guys, I'm looking at dropping the chainguide since a narrow-wide is on the way, and I wouldn't mind it being a little quieter.

Will a XC top guide be sufficient for DH runs with clutched derailleur+narrow-wide? or should I refit the e.13 on DH runs?
Top guide is all you'll need, the MRP AMG guide is great because it still gives plenty of protection for your chainring without making it any noisier. For the added 130g that the MRP or equivalent top guide adds, its worth it to save the occasional chain drop. I'm using a blackspire trailx guide at the moment, but used the MRP in the past both with narrow-wide chainrings and have had no problems. Have tried to run my x01 without a guide but it still drops the chain occasionally.

Last edited:

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Changing the rebound on the Float X must be a nightmare with how it is mounted to the Ride 9 system there.
Yeah it's really tight. Fortunately the knob is quite large, and you can just fit a 3mm allen key/tool in there to adjust it... and it's almost a leave and forget thing.

Had a ride on a RM altitude the other day with Fox 34's with the Vorsprung cartridge inside, so damn plush but still ramped up nicely. Very much on par with my own pikes.

Top guide is all you'll need, the MRP AMG guide is great because it still gives plenty of protection for your chainring without making it any noisier. For the added 130g that the MRP or equivalent top guide adds, its worth it to save the occasional chain drop. I'm using a blackspire trailx guide at the moment, but used the MRP in the past both with narrow-wide chainrings and have had no problems. Have tried to run my x01 without a guide but it still drops the chain occasionally.
I went in to speak to Brad about the TLA upgrade, think the fork just needs a rebuild being a few years old. Will report back once Tekin have settled in their new home :)

I reckon that's good advice, now to find a chain retention device that'll fit the bill. I'm no weight weenie, but 130g sounds like a lot considering what all these companies are quoting? Thinking about getting a cSixx XC guide which is under 75g, but I don't have the relevant mounts so looking at the e.13 XCX +I05 guide, which is quoted at 60g... the MRP 1x does look slicker.

Stunning ride! :dance:
Cheers :)

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm no weight weenie, but 130g sounds like a lot considering what all these companies are quoting
Haha definitely a weight weenie if you're concerned about an extra 50g, as opposed to having decent chainring protection. Focus more on reliability and bike skills/bike time instead of a measly 50-70g. Each to their own i guess...

Last edited:

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Haha definitely a weight weenie if you're concerned about an extra 50g, as opposed to having decent chainring protection. Focus more on reliability and bike skills/bike time instead of a measly 50-70g. Each to their own i guess...
Totally agree, bike skills and just being out there is far more important - would be a waste if you didn't ride it. Priority is on reliability and function. In this case was more just asking why would it weigh so much more (about doubled as much) than say what the e.13 equivalent is?

Weight isn't the top priority for me, but when I can get something that works just as well or better, at comparable price, why go heavier right?

EDIT: re-read your post dude, the MRP AMG guide comes with a bash guard/skid plate... hence the extra weight. That's an awesome solution! Will be quieter than my current e.13, and add a bashguard (and drop 30-60g :p hahahaa)

Last edited:

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
ok! so I got that AMG guide, and some blue bits (FSA headset spacers, K-edge Garmin stem mount, chainring bolts) proper photos to come when the weather gets a little better :)

I saw this dude from Portugal on instagram making custom decals, so I thought I might give it a go...been in contact with him, only 2 minute convo via facebook... and it seems like he just uses a template. Anyhow, was hoping for something that was more custom and matched my bike... so I just modified it a little to match more with the 2014 Rally Edition decals.

Left is what was supplied, right is after I modified it a little... What do you reckon? ignore the stuff in the middle, like I said I think it's just a template.

https://flic.kr/p/ry5c4B

JONO WADE

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ok! so I got that AMG guide, and some blue bits (FSA headset spacers, K-edge Garmin stem mount, chainring bolts) proper photos to come when the weather gets a little better :)

I saw this dude from Portugal on instagram making custom decals, so I thought I might give it a go...been in contact with him, only 2 minute convo via facebook... and it seems like he just uses a template. Anyhow, was hoping for something that was more custom and matched my bike... so I just modified it a little to match more with the 2014 Rally Edition decals.

Left is what was supplied, right is after I modified it a little... What do you reckon? ignore the stuff in the middle, like I said I think it's just a template.
Good choice on the guide! Very keen to see photos with all the blue bits and new decals.
I think the modified decals look sweet, subtle simple changes.

Did you end up deciding what to do about the fork? There will be an order going through at Tekin shortly for vorsprung stuff, so if you'd like to try out the TLA upgrade, let me know.

Not sure if this will help you for inspiration but this rally edition was in today with graphics by magneto.

Attachments

Last edited:

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Nice! i saw that on VitalMTB, sweet looking decals for sure! I'll have to hit up Magneto once I've finalised the build... for those finishing touches. This exercise was kinda impulsive.

Ross serviced my fork since it's pretty much new... it rides a lot better now without the clunking, still has a tendency to dive so I'm just running more air and sacrificing some small bump sensitivity... but overall I'm putting it down to operator error for now. I've only done about 60km so early days, just adjusting to how they handle. For most trails, I'll be fine... it'll be the downhill and more aggressive trails that will determine whether I keep these or look for new forks.

just happens more blue bits rocked up! got a straitline seatpost collar, because the stock one doesn't seem to cover the entire recessed collar section on the frame (does that make sense?).
But I just realised it might not be so straight forward getting the old one off, and new one on because of the dropper post.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Have been too lazy to take photos of the bike ... when it's out I'm riding it.

Still missing the ability to adjust low/high speed compression.
But passed Tekin last week, grabbed a few bits (my brother needed a new helmet) and then ended up taking the bike in for a TLA upgrade :)

Sent RM an email trying to get exact colours for the graphics, but they never responded. So I'll have to wing it and hope for the best.

I was also looking at new bars, these Turbines are really light but my wrists hurt. I've cut them down to 755mm... thought maybe the bars are too wide for me so tried running the cockpit narrower to no avail. Tried on some 1inch rise 9deg/5deg and 8deg/4deg bars and they felt heaps better. So my choices were Ranthal Litebar carbon, Protaper Carbon, Deity DC31... leaning towards the Protaper and Deity bars though for more strength (and colour choice). What do you guys think? Green/blue DC31?

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
New photos :)

just posted new photos with descriptions... they're in the second post of the thread for your convenience. Would love to know what you guys think- the good, bad, and ugly :p

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
just posted new photos with descriptions... they're in the second post of the thread for your convenience. Would love to know what you guys think- the good, bad, and ugly
Looks awesome.

I'd drop the blue boots for some black, and...........thats a lot of spaghetti for a 1x setup.

T.3

Likes Dirt
Great thread, great bike. Looks spot on and I'm sure it rides even better than it looks.

iUDEX_nCr

Likes Dirt
Looks awesome.

I'd drop the blue boots for some black, and...........thats a lot of spaghetti for a 1x setup.
yeah, it's a dog's breakfast up front :(

Great thread, great bike. Looks spot on and I'm sure it rides even better than it looks.
cheers... LOL, well still some work to dial it in I think. Need to put more km's in, but that's up to the operator right!