Road tyres for my 29er

John U

MTB Precision
I am leaning toward the Thickslicks due to overall size and comfort. Puncture resistance also looks good so far.

Can you give me an idea of how they have gone for you? Did you get the cheaper Sport or Deluxe casing?
They've been good so far. Haven't done a heap of time on them due to work getting in the way. They feel similar to schwalbe kojaks which I ran for a few years as 26 by 2.0. In the end kojaks were not robust enough for me. The thickslicks being 29 and lower Max pressure I'm expecting to be more robust than the thickslicks. So far they are proving to be. No flats or ripped tyres or casings yet.

Not sure what I got. Don't think there were options of different types when I got them. Got them early July.

Last edited:

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They've been good so far. Haven't done a heap of time on them due to work getting in the way. They feel similar to schwalbe kojaks which I ran for a few years as 26 by 2.0. In the end kojaks were not robust enough for me. The thickslicks being 29 and lower Max pressure I'm expecting to be more robust than the thickslicks. So far they are proving to be. No flats or ripped tyres or casings yet.

Not sure what I got. Don't think there were options of different types when I got them. Got them early July.
Would they have been $60+ each?

CRC has them at $66 or $33 depending on casing.

John U

MTB Precision
Would they have been $60+ each?

CRC has them at $66 or $33 depending on casing.
I think they were about 50 or 60 each with minimal discount. I reckon they might've been the more expensive ones.

The crc site for casings says they are 26" in one spot and 29" in another?

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I think they were about 50 or 60 each with minimal discount. I reckon they might've been the more expensive ones.

The crc site for casings says they are 26" in one spot and 29" in another?
Both of them are listed as 29 but in the details say 26. Q&A says they are 29 in both.

Think I'll look at the more expensive ones for added puncture resistance.