Rock Hop 6 Hour Enduro 2011 and Demo Day

fergo

Likes Dirt
abit of courtesy on their behalf would go along way.

it does seem odd to me that the animals would choose the open tracks compared to the privacy of the shrubs.

it is a big problem....
I always see it at Wombat too. Cant work out why? I once ran over a massive pile that went all over my wheels and down tube and cranks and shoes. Didn't realise it was there untill we stopped at an intersection.

adaib

Likes Dirt
I went for a ride there today. the course is unmarked, however i have an idea of where they're running it.
Plenty of sticks and crap on the track. I cleared a bit, but i ran out of time. Top get it in tip top condition, a dedicated trail clearing squad should be deployed ...hint hint!! ;)

A couple of sections of standing pool water and some bogs to keep you on your toes. And some of the steeper sections have some water damage, making it pretty bumpy. Noting out of the usual.

beeza

Likes Bikes
being one of the most accessable tracks to the city im suprised it doesnt get more use. im heading out now for a few laps!!

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
Rock Hop course 2011

being one of the most accessable tracks to the city im suprised it doesnt get more use. im heading out now for a few laps!!
We clean it up and then mother nature takes it turn and try to put back the way it was.

There is a couple of flat sections and I have changed so there is more passing spots.

Just remember when riding out there that is private property (Scouts).:eek:range:

I will be taking riders for a lap on Sat afternoon as part of the demo day
RockHop 2011 Online entrys here

Race Details HERE Entry will be limited

Course for this year

Saturday 24th September 9:30 till 4pm.

Come test the best for FREE!

Merida demo bikes, Shimano demo wheels and brakesets, Crank brothers wheel and pedal demos, Jetblack products, Endura nutrition samples, Sausage sizzle and soft drinks all day, skills clinics for beginner and intermediate riders. Lots of give a way’s and special deals on the day.

All set at the amazing trails at Dallas brooks scout camp, Harpfield rd, Upper Beaconsfield.

A great chance to ride the Rock hop course before the race on Sunday and much much more.

This great event is brought to by Goldcross cycles, Merida and Dirt rider’s mountain bike club.

Last edited:

throwback

Likes Bikes
Merida demos

I'm pretty keen to take our a Merida 2012 out for a demo - do we need to pre-book in some way or is it just a case of turn up and wait for a bike?

Mad Hatter

Likes Dirt
wow, 285meters of climbs, thats more then mt beauty right?
Just mapped the course for round 9 at Mt Major and found 305 metres of climbing. There is a 2.4 km descent of -6.0% grade to catch your breath though.
I`ll post up better details later in it`s own thread.
Good luck to all at the Rock Hop. Wish I could be there.
Cheers
MH

mtbfit

Likes Bikes
Rode the course Sunday one word GREAT

Just fixed a few wet spots and then did three lap of the course Sunday one word GREAT :clap2:

Entry close on Wed 21 st late one's will cost an extra $20

Last edited:

Az

Likes Dirt
Are we able to cut a lap b4 3pm on our own bikes? was planning on heading out there in the morning and getting home in time for the footy!

kathiemt

Likes Bikes
Was hoping to see posts from those who participated there. I walked some of the track but difficult to see ahead to spots to move to when you can't tell if a rider is coming so stuck to the top parts of the track near the camp. I was there encouraging the Team Sally guys who were participating. It certainly was a great day for it.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
raced mixed pairs with the wife and had a great day!
It was nice sitting in under the tent in between laps and being socialable :)

Its definately a solid mtb course, not sure how many pure roadies would have liked those pinch climbs and tight single track.

We were sitting in the tent opposite Team Sally - pretty easy to notice their pink and blue jerseys :)

kathiemt

Likes Bikes
I remember seeing your tent. I was wondering around with my camera and my husband had the bright blue windcheater on chatting with the guys. He's recovering from an MTB accident of 5 months ago so can't get back on the bike yet... much to his disgust.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
just took a look at the pics - nice work! You even got an action shot of me smiling :)
When I was off the bike I was kind of limping around - a badly sprained ankle does that. Thanksfully I can still ride although its really difficult (and painful!) to unclip!

5 months off would kill me I think!

Last edited:

kathiemt

Likes Bikes
I'm still uploading the shots. About 2/3 there now. My husband suffered a spinal cord injury so it's going to take quite a while for him to recover - he's much better than he was but still has a way to go yet. Take it easy with the ankle.

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
I'm still uploading the shots. About 2/3 there now. My husband suffered a spinal cord injury so it's going to take quite a while for him to recover - he's much better than he was but still has a way to go yet. Take it easy with the ankle.
will check the full set sometime tomorrow (assuming its all done by then). Spinal cord injury - okies, thats a hell of alot more serious then my wee ankle - he's definately doing the right thing in resting that - best wishes for his recovery!