NSW Rockshox Lyrik/Yari Charger2.1 RCT3 (Trade/Swap or sell)

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Hi All

Item: Rockshox Lyrik/Yari 2016+ charger 2.1 RCT3 (Part no. 00.4020.170.001)

Item Condition: 3 hours old, getting about 3 hours older per week :)

Reason for selling: want RC2

Price and price conditions: looking to trade, will consider selling for $300 + post (if you live Northern Beaches happy to meet up), take reasonable offers where buying RC2 difference doesnt bankrupt me and if i can find it in stock

Extra Info: Sent my Lyrik in for a warranty and the fork came back with a brand new Charger 2.1 RCT3 installed. Not complaining! I originally had the RC damper, and I will never ever use the 3-position, it will be in open, so makes more sense for me to try the RC2 with both LSC and HSC. For someone that wants the 3 position setting, this damper is essentially brand new (2 rides). Now i don't have the RC2, and will keep the RCT3 (has transformed by fork over the stock Charger 1 RC) if need be, but if someone wanted to trade for a 2.1 RC2 in good shape or buy this one i'd be interested.

These are selling online at Cyclinic / MTB Direct etc for circa $380 but seem to be mostly out of stock. Not sure why when SRAM has them.

Happy to discuss with anyone considering upgrading, specifically those people with a Yari and the stock damper, drop me a PM to work through logistics.

Pictures: it's in the fork so no pics

Attachments

Last edited:

The Reverend

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Has thoroughly been thought about but I can't justify $400.... looking for this to be as close to net zero as possible.... plus if RC2 doesnt float my boat the HC97 option still on the table.......
I get it, it certainly isn't inexpensive or even reasonable but it's certainly worthwhile.

The RC2 I found was very good, and better than RCT3 if you can get it set to suit.

northvanguy

Likes Dirt
Well it was brand new when it was put in during a warranty 2 weeks ago and RS has confirmed the part number 00.4020.170.001. So I would suggest it's whatever thread comes on today's forks. Best i can do for you I think.

Edit - they replaced the CSU as well so I would say it's definitely the most recent thread type. :)

moorey

call me Mia
27.5"

It's still in it actually.

My understanding is it doesn't make a difference. Am I wrong?
I honestly wouldn't know, but someone smarter than me hinted that it might.
Full disclosure, I'm looking at something as a stop gap while mine is away for work, that's going to take longer than I expected.
I'll send you a message.

cooki_monsta

Likes Dirt
I honestly wouldn't know, but someone smarter than me hinted that it might.
Full disclosure, I'm looking at something as a stop gap while mine is away for work, that's going to take longer than I expected.
I'll send you a message.
@moorey although this has sold, yes there is a difference and yes it does matter (I wish I saw this sooner I would have been very interested)

Non boost is coarse thread, when they changed the csu to boost spacing they changed the thread pitch in the units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
@moorey although this has sold, yes there is a difference and yes it does matter (I wish I saw this sooner I would have been very interested)

Non boost is coarse thread, when they changed the csu to boost spacing they changed the thread pitch in the units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cool. Cheers.