rockshox pike rc1 - compression adjuster does zilch

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Warranty jobs I'll send back to the distributor, otherwise I do the work in-house. Sending warranty work back to the distro ensures the assessment is done by someone who should know the intricate details, and can report back to the manufacturer if there are any inherent problems with the product that need to be addressed.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
update: still no word...

That is true and no doubt the Pike a good fork , but 2 weeks to get it fixed?
UPDATE: now two weeks + two days... and I haven't heard a thing.

I think this is a bit poor on RS/SRAMs behalf considering they didn't even bother fixing it the first time. How do you claim compensation for such poor service? I've been without my bike for more than a month now... I just want to go for a frigging ride!!

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
UPDATE: now two weeks + two days... and I haven't heard a thing.
UPDATE(#2): so I just spoke to the bike shop, apparently my bike is waiting for me (I love it when they call you!).

Fork is back, exactly the same as it was.

What do I do!??

Surely compression adjustment should have *some* noticeable effect on how the fork feels??

T.3

Likes Dirt
Did you see a work sheet or similar that specified what was wrong and what was done to fix it when you collected it?

After dealing with specialized for similar matters, and it seems as per your last post that they didn't even bother to call you to inform you your Bike was ready and when you collect it it's exactly the same, there's a possibility it wasn't even sent.

After running 2 Specialized's I found the big S firstly and foremostly stood for Sh#t service.

XYGTHO

Likes Dirt
Man would not be happy. So long without a bike also, not good service. A friends rocker/swing arm broke and they have him a replacement bike to use while waiting on it. That was Trek who have looked after him well. I'd hope Giant (what I have would do similar). I'd be asking for a replacement fork to start with after all the trouble.