Rocky Mountain 2013

Jubas

Likes Dirt
2013 Elements
999 $9000
970 $6000
BC $5700
950 $4800

Not far away from landing in Australia, and just like last year we will get our dirty hands on them first before our Northern Hemisphere riding buddies :boom:

quiggs
Any idea on frame-only pricing?

Here is another pic of the new steed.

Road it yesterday in the Epic, got to say it's an amazing bike to ride.

Fast up hills, and fast and nimble down.

Bike 2.jpg

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
2012- 2013 mix

Still need to build wheels. hopefully will have them finished before the tomatoes fruit.
Gone for shimano fox 3t build rather than sram rock shocks easton
the frame 2012 the forks are 2013 terra logic.
xtr tripple front crank to get me out of jail when cooked.

gave into all the hype over 29ers after bagging them for 3 years. can't wait to get it out on the trails and into a few races.

wheels are dt240 with spank rims.

Attachments

Still need to build wheels. hopefully will have them finished before the tomatoes fruit.
Gone for shimano fox 3t build rather than sram rock shocks easton
the frame 2012 the forks are 2013 terra logic.
xtr tripple front crank to get me out of jail when cooked.

gave into all the hype over 29ers after bagging them for 3 years. can't wait to get it out on the trails and into a few races.

wheels are dt240 with spank rims.
G'day there,

That is a nicing looking rig, currently a specialized epic man, but really, really like the RM.

Cheers,

SF

Big JD

Wheel size expert
i really like these new RMs - one would make me a better person and nicer to be around.

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i really like these new RMs - one would make me a better person and nicer to be around.
I'm also a big fan of the brand. I own an old RM 26 HT with very dialed geo. the new product looks fantastic.

I wonder if we can design a YBP jersey to match the RM colors.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
YBP join RM for ggod times

I'm also a big fan of the brand. I own an old RM 26 HT with very dialed geo. the new product looks fantastic.

I wonder if we can design a YBP jersey to match the RM colors.
If RM sponsor the Yarra Butt Pirates with bikes then yes we can include the RM colour scheme into the jerseys, shorts, underwear, socks, head scarves, eye patches and car stickers - hell I will even name my 5th born - Element and commission a RM sex toy series.

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
therapy please

What have I done!!!!
Old schooler with bar ends ,in need of Therapy
Gone from small flat and fast Giant XTc 26inch to a big round and upright vertex 29er.

I read all the articles . Listened to everyone who said wide bars short top tube, it's a 29er don't get a frame that is too big but now after collecting parts for over 14months really doubtful this the the bike for me.

26 to 29

From Flat Bar to 12 % sweep.
From Bar ends to no bar ends
from 55cm narrow bar to 74cm super wide bar
Long Top Tube with flat back race position to Sitting up right.

It feels more like a commuter bike , all I need is a basket For the bread wine and cheese.

finish it off : still need a 400ml post the 350 not long enough and prob need to go onto a 110cm stem.

Very undecided about the position and the size of the wheels and the style of riding .

Terralogic forks gr8. DT 240 hubs gr8 . spank rims seem good. XTR 10 speed smooth. Weight 9.92 with pedals amazing for a 29er.

Attachments

creaky

XMAS Plumper
mmatrix .... top tube too short, need 400mm post .... sounds like you've got the wrong size frame !

When testing them, I found that at 6'1" I needed to ride the XL in the RMs which I only have to do in a couple of other manufacturers (e.g. Santa Cruz). The seat post is very short on the RMs.

With the bars, 740mm on what is effectively an XC race bike is crazy IMO. I would rip them off and grab some 685mm or thereabouts. Whilst everyone's preference will vary, I happily run 685s on my tallboy and single speed.

You could muck around with fishing pole stems but 29ers handle so much better with an 80-90mm stem on them. First thing I would be doing is making sure your frame is the right size !!!

Good luck.