Rocky Mountain Slayer

tkdbboy

Likes Dirt
You can probably drop a link. You're running 32t up front?

I ran the recommended length minus 1 link from the SRAM eagle install video.

teK--

Eats Squid
That is a very sweet machine @teK--. How long until your collar bone is good enough to get it up on the oven for a pic? More importantly...some shots of it in the air!!!

How nice is it to ride a suspension platform that isn't giant's maestro? Very nice in my experience.
I could probably lift it over the BBQ outside it will at least limit the mess I would leave in the kitchen otherwise.

Will get my pilot licence back before too long then will post up some airborne pics!

After owning 3, I have definitely had enough of all the little annoying things about Maestro.

Nice bike and thank christ you didn't use SRAM brakes.

Check out the Vorsprung youtube video that discusses high and low speed compression and rebound. Their tip is to run high speed rebound at full and work on the low speed rebound first.

I find dialling up the rebound a bit on high anti-squat bikes helps to moderate the pedal kick.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Thanks will check it out. I've never had HSR control in the front, only the back.

I used to tune HSR based on how much pop I wanted off the lip of a jump, and how much control I wanted after landing to flat. Now that I only have HSR in the front but not the back, it's going to be interesting getting it dialed.

Thanks I wasn't sure how temperamental Eagle is to chain length... I'll check it out and see if I can take one full link out.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Man, that's sooooooo nice. Way better than @Ky1e 's. :p

Sure you're not doing the chain whip wrong? Don't need to run it over the 50T. Pretty sure it's meant to be wrapped around the middle of the cassette.

teK--

Eats Squid
Man, that's sooooooo nice. Way better than @Ky1e 's. :p

Sure you're not doing the chain whip wrong? Don't need to run it over the 50T. Pretty sure it's meant to be wrapped around the middle of the cassette.
Ah the problem I had initially was that the chainwhip would not fit onto the smaller cogs as the chain was too wide.. I think it was like a 7 speed chain or something lol. The only cog I could fit it on without interference was the 50T, but then it wasn't long enough. Now that I've re-made it with a 11speed chain it can fit on all cogs.

Running a 34T. So I just removed one full link and it still looks to have decent slack on the largest cog. Thanks for the tip.

IMG_20181027_161251.jpg

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Effing sweet rig man.
I thought I was over Rocky Mountain, after purchasing the Nomad, but seeing this has really reignited the fire.
Hope to run into you again soon to see her/him in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

teK--

Eats Squid
Went back out to Harcourt on the weekend; trails are riding beautifully there not sure why we didn't see more people out!

Did some jumps and dropoffs. Confidence is starting to come back. Photos next time :)

IMG_20181103_103903.jpg

Also Sawtooth and Charlottes tracks at Red Hill are riding really well too. Someone is out there doing trail clearing after the Winter growth explosion.

IMG_20181027_121528~2.jpg

Now the forks are bedded in I thought to pull the lowers and also check the air spring for the infamous over greasing that Fox are known for. Yep they sure did. At least 10% of the negative spring volume is blocked by grease. The foam rings were also bone dry, there was no grease in the dust wipers, and no oil in the air chamber.

IMG_20181105_124711.jpg

Will probably going to have to run more air now as the fork is soft as hell after fixing these issues.

Check your Fox Forks if you haven't already.

teK--

Eats Squid
Those gloves look light weight. Do they enhance workshop performance?
I prefer to go bareback but it's a good idea to wear gloves as I share my tools around.

I'll take 10 pairs! Do they have a looooooooooooonnnnnnnnngggggggggggg shelf life?

@teK-- how is your fan belt silencer working out?
So far so good. I added an extended bit closer to the chainring as that was still hitting:

IMG_20181027_161251.jpg

tkdboy's tip to remove a chain link was bonza; that definitely helped as well.

teK--

Eats Squid
http://i.imgur.com/q4OXJBd.gifv

Think a cushcore would've saved it?
Saw this and started thinking about Slayer riders sending it.
How is it going? Honeymoon period over?
Haha reminds me of a switchback at Rotorua which my mate thought was a dropoff. He hucked into an uphill landing, and exploded the rear tyre just like that.

Still on honeymoon with the Slayer :D

teK--

Eats Squid
Thomas Vanderham destroying some loam on his Slayer... I cannot do that so I guess it's mostly the rider that makes the difference haha.