STOLEN Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 - Fairfield, 3078, Vic

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Bike: Rocky Mountain Vertex 990 XL
Colour: Black & Red
Date it was stolen: 25/1/14 in the very early hours.
Where it was stolen: From a secure underground carpark of residential building
Specs: Size XL, XX running gear, Rock Shox Reba's, Stan's wheels.
Other Descriptions: There are some additional unique items that may help to ID the bike, if you have any clues, feel free to contact me.
Pictures: To follow
vertex.jpg

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm posting on behalf of a mate, so thankfully I don't have the heartache he is dealing with right now.
I only mentioned the 'secure' part as it seems to have been a targeted theft.

I'd think it won't be very easy to offload, it's A BIG bike

perrone

Squid
I saw this bike out the front of Dandenong hospital today at 2.50ish. Call Dandenong hospital security and get them to look at the security footage from the new main entrance, the bum was talking to an equally bummy group of guys in a car before he peddled off. Might be able to track him down by the car's licence plate. He had the seat all the way down definitely didn't look like he could afford such a nice bike. Hope this helps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks Perrone,

I've notified my mate and i'm sure he'll be straight onto it!
Rotorburn is an amazing community!

If anything comes of it, I'll be sure to let you know!

Brad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qranked

Likes Bikes
If it's a regular meetup of these bums see if you can get a repeat sighting. I managed to chase down (on foot) a guy who stole my gf's bike a few months back and followed him to an apartment complex - called the cops and they managed to rat him out of the building.
Best of luck!

OCD'R

Likes Dirt
Same ergo style grips and same misaligned tyre graphics to valve hole on the front - Good work thus far RB

willsy01

Eats Squid
I messaged the seller on eBay and he still has it. He gave me his mobile number and is holding onto the bike caad9 can get in touch with him.

I'll flick him a tweet.

Last edited:

caad9

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks everyone, I've received all your PM's and tweets.
Just informed my mate who was the owner of the bike, I'm assuming he'll be running round like a madman trying to get what's his back!

Can't believe the work you guys have done to sniff this out, much appreciated :dance:

I'll keep the thread updated if there is any further developments

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Hope owner updates Vic police so the unscrupulous seller(s) can be dealt with. They are so unscrupulous, you can't tell me 98% of sellers have lost their dewalt and Milwaukee power tool chargers the day they just have to sell. Fucking scum