Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

B.J.

Likes Bikes
You've done it again

Another great day Martin and Juliana, thanks again, the weather even held off for you! Can't make any of today's events, hope they go as smoothly as yesterday's.
Great commentating yesterday too, not to say your usual standard of commentator isn't any good, must've freed your time to be able to deal with running the event. Thanks again.

Knopey

Likes Dirt
Ditto - great day out on the bike - bloody hard but big feeling of accomplishment and met my goals :) 8 times up and down Stromlo is my PB for a day's work by far.

For those interested, the RockyTrail site has the incorrect link to the Overall results at the mo - the correct link is: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/pdf2011/a33-4/A33-4_OverallFinalResults.pdf

(While on the subject, it seems odd that the 8hr and 4hr riders are lumped together in the results. But it works out better for the 8hr people, woohoo, I finished in the top 24% of the field :p )

Last edited:

pinkbike

Likes Dirt
Yup another awesome event from Martin and Juliane, it was a great day and a great course although it really started to hurt towards the end. Close race in the females with an impressive seven solo girls in the elite field :biggrin: . So lucky with the weather, driving home it was pouring rain the whole way pretty much - all our local tracks have had 50mm and are going to take ages to dry out. Look like even despite some overnight rain the Sunday wasn't too wet, hope those events went well and sorry we didn't stay for them.

DaSchmooze

Likes Bikes
Had a great time. A little cranky at myself I didn't get round for one more lap but was happy to have finished in one piece. I think it was a more difficult course than last year? That climb just went on and on didnt it! :single_eye:

iscarrr

Likes Dirt
Ditto - great day out on the bike - bloody hard but big feeling of accomplishment and met my goals :) 8 times up and down Stromlo is my PB for a day's work by far.

For those interested, the RockyTrail site has the incorrect link to the Overall results at the mo - the correct link is: http://www.rockytrailentertainment.com/pdf2011/a33-4/A33-4_OverallFinalResults.pdf

(While on the subject, it seems odd that the 8hr and 4hr riders are lumped together in the results. But it works out better for the 8hr people, woohoo, I finished in the top 24% of the field :p )
Am I the only one that cant seem to get their site to load?

nicho

Sacré bleu!
HI guys,

Saw plenty of photographers on the track on Saturday but have yet to see any photos on the WWW.
Anyone know anything about it?

Thanks
Nicho

specialized1#

Likes Bikes
Thanks again M and J ! A wonderful weekend. What a turn around with the weather !!! I was reminded just how fickle the weather can be in the foothills of the Brindabella's. A couple of years back we rode around some of the high country huts and it snowed ! In January !! Only to arrive back in Canberra to 35 degree heat a week later.

That pancake guy is GOLD !!

crummy?

Likes Dirt
Thanks again M and J ! A wonderful weekend. What a turn around with the weather !!! I was reminded just how fickle the weather can be in the foothills of the Brindabella's. A couple of years back we rode around some of the high country huts and it snowed ! In January !! Only to arrive back in Canberra to 35 degree heat a week later.

That pancake guy is GOLD !!
Great "Uber" Weekend by Rocky Trail Crew, the 8hr GP, Pedal 4 Pierce ride and the Banzai Fitness ride, I couldn't fit much more in on a visit to Stromlo. Pancakes, bacon and egg rolls, the coffee van, ah yum. You can view a lap of the GP at Enduro Pulse with EP TV.

The only time I will ever pass Andy Blair, Pedal for Pierce ride, Andy couldn't handle the speed and flatted over a rocky section, allowing even the youngest/littlest rider a chance to "one up".

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
Series results went up last night - working on the Bike Shop Trophy final results now. We should be able to announce the winner later today.