Rocky Trail's SHIMANO MTB Grand Prix Series 2011

Australia

Likes Bikes and Dirt
G'day Martin and Julianne

When is the planned reschedule date - if it gets rained out on Saturday?

Do entries close on Wednesday as per usual?

Is the bike shop comp only open to employees or are associated club members allowed as well? (ie can TORC represent Turramurra Cycles)

Cheers,

Andrew

trailburner

Rocky Trail Entertainment
When is the planned reschedule date - if it gets rained out on Saturday?

Do entries close on Wednesday as per usual?

Is the bike shop comp only open to employees or are associated club members allowed as well? (ie can TORC represent Turramurra Cycles)
According to the latest forecast there will be plenty of sunny days to dry out the track. The originally planned date is 2 weeks later. We know this is clashing with the MONT so we will revisit this date if we need to but at this stage it looks like the race will go ahead as planned.

Entries will remain open until Thursday 3pm.

Anyone can ride for a shop for the JetBlack Bike Shop Trophy. This doesn't need to be a club or staff member.

Jandrew

Squid
Can't wait till Sat. Am doing a solo in the 8 hour, also trying to get a mate to come along.
Hoping its a tad cooler than the Jet Black 24 hour and my legs hold up after Capital Punishment.

Also looking forward to riding my new bike for the first time, first duelie ever.. Will probably be the slowest "elite" rider as well :D

taibo

Eats Squid
me and 3 other mates will also be riding for TBSM!
all doing solo 4hour
cant wait!:)

Last edited:

tex72

Likes Dirt
Getting excited for this one. :cool:

Couple of questions for Trailburner/Trailbunny

What time can we enter the Botanic gardens on Saturday morning?(I am assuming there is no camping Fri night)

Where can I find the list of the participating bike shops for the 'Jetblack Bikeshop Trophy' (could not find it on your website) and how do you register for this?

Will there be an are near transition to set up popup gazebo thingys?

Cheers

Last edited:

trailburner

What time can we enter the Botanic gardens on Saturday morning?(I am assuming there is no camping Fri night)

Where can I find the list of the participating bike shops for the 'Jetblack Bikeshop Trophy' (could not find it on your website) and how do you register for this?

Will there be an are near transition to set up popup gazebo thingys?
That's right there is no camping Fri night. Gates of the Gardens will open 7am on Saturday.

A list of participating bike shops for the trophy will be posted after round 1. At registration there will be a list where you can enter which shop you are riding for. When we open registration for round 2 there will be a field to enter your shop online.

There will be a ton of space for gazebos next to or at least very close to the track/transition.

Please also note that dogs are not allowed at the gardens and they will send you away at the gates if you have one with you.

We were out there today bunting the track and it will open Friday morning for practice but will remain closed until then to fully dry out. The track is in mint condition and if the forecast is correct will stay like that.

The event centre/transition zone is huge with an area that the guys from the garden freshly prepared for us.

It will also the biggest Grand Prix we ever staged with 300+ riders.

The Banzai LifeCycle on Sunday will see around 140 riders do the time trial around the track.

Looking forward to a huge weekend.

B.J.

Likes Bikes
Hey Martin, Is that 300 entries total?
Meaning they will all be on the track at same time or does it include teams, meaning there will be les than 300 on track at any one time?
It gonna be busy, looking forward to it!
BJ

trailburner

This includes teams. The track will be fairly busy especially in the first 4 hours but despite all the singletrail overtaking will be quite easy there.

hiredassassin

Likes Dirt
Just got home from this. top event!

the track handled the huge number of riders pretty well, and it seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves. It's a pretty demanding course, my lower back is screwed, and I still find it a bit weird in the way it's been put together but fun none the less.

thanks to all involved.

JBR

Likes Dirt
Tough course for an enduro, Im shagged. No real respite zones, always on the ball physically and mentally. Reviewed my gps file and spent basically the whole race in the mid - high 80% plus of my MHR. Much different to my stats from CP 100K last week which had me in much lower zones.

First time at MT. Annan, have heard mixed reviews. Have to say I like it, a good thought out course. Its different, challenging and packs a bit of everything. Drifting some of the corners was fun\interesting!

And love RTE events. Top stuff.

OzDirtCast

Likes Bikes
I agree, the course was great and a real demanding mix of challenges.

It was my first enduro and my first Rocky Trail event. I'm absolutely shagged but loved every minute of it!

Anyone know where we can get photos? Saw a few shots being taken put there.

muvro

Likes Dirt
Absolutely awesome event!!!

As said, that track was very unrelenting. Always needing 100% concentration and barely any resting, which I think really added to the event.

LOL, re the heart rate. Every time I looked at mine it was off the charts!

Congrats guys for organising such a good event. Can't wait for the next one. :)

And congrats to the winners. :)

neil thompson

Likes Dirt
Thanks to all the officials who helped great day!! .
All rider who overtook me were so polite any nearly all said thanks.
Sore lower back maybe because first time cliped in.
My garmin keep on beeping to high hart rate maybe set to low it was between 85%-90% once got to 95% with this madman behind me with a video comentating on my riding made my day.
Cheers Neil