ROAD Rook takes pawn...

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
A few weeks back I powered into my neighbourhood tech climb - a rise of almost 2m stretched over maybe 3m of rough chunky roots from a huge ficus finishing with a 10-15cm edge lift up onto the footpath and a 90⁰ turn. It takes some balls to hit this full steam and a lot of skill to get through! In doing so on this incident I snapped a spoke on the rear wheel. I decided to do a whole new build for the rear. I still have the hope pro 2 Evo hub, it has 32 fresh st Swiss champion spokes and a (probably really old actually) new mavic ex729 rim. It is much chunkier than what was there before!

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Well look at that...almost 1 year without any updates! So here is a lot of updates, all carried out over the last month or so.
- new pedals: dmr vault, magnesium of course.

- service to rear shock.
- new fork: rock shock lyric, 150mm.
- new stem: nuke proof nutron, 35mm length.
- new bars: nuke proof nutron, 750mm wide with a good chunk of rise.
- new grips: nukeproof, yellow.
- new tyres: Kenda aptor 2.3 (wanted a tyre that had a little more grip on dirt but still rolled fast enough for commuting).
- spoke tension on the rear wheel, it had come a bit loose over the last couple of weeks.

I have been loving the feel of this riding to/from work, coffee, and groceries. I haven't had it on dirt yet, but am keen as to give it a test. The slightly higher bars feel really good and should give me plenty of leverage over the bike. I don't know what the weight is, I can't find my very unreliable luggage scales.

IMG20230630134759~3.jpg