Roost protector over the top of neck brace?

Shredden

Knows his goats
Just wondering if anyone here has run a Leatt brace with a roost protector type chest/back plate over the top of it? i.e. have the neck brace still sitting directly on your chest and back, with the roost protector "outside" it.

Backstory is I had a stack about a year ago and broke my sternum. Been riding a bit since, with just helmet and neck brace. Had another small crash a few weeks back and landed directly on my chest... winded myself a little and was quite worried I'd damaged the sternum again (still have pain from the original injury and it's not something I want to repeat). Now I'm certain I want to get a chest protector.

It looks like the standard setup people run is a roost protector with a neck brace sitting on top of it. But my neck brace is on it's biggest setting, and just fits snug. Fitting a roost protector under it would push it upwards too much, and I wouldn't be able to move my head. I'd rather not have to buy a new neck brace too, because I'm a broke uni boi. Anyone got experience with this? Cheers

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
The Leatt pressure suits and chest protectors integrate with the neck braces. They have small sections on the front and back which unscrew to make room for the neck brace.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

EsPeGe

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mate I run this and as Oddjob says above it integrates with the Neck brace well.

Leatt Vest

I run it under a Leatt Neck brace and it's saved my arse. I had a stack 5 weeks ago were I went from riding along at Thredbo on the DH track and ate shit in the hardest impact I've ever had on a bike. You know how when you crash there is a moment where you go "oh shit I'm about to crash" then you have a moment where you go "ahhhhh, this is gonna hurt" and then you have that moment where you spot the point of impact???? Well I had none of that. I went from going flat knacker to impact without any idea what happened. My chest impacted a fairly pointy rock and it knocked the wind out of me. The guy behind me swore it was a hospital job when he saw it.

After a minute or two to get my breath back I was able to keep riding. I had a sore chest for a week or so but other than that no ill affects. I can guarantee I would've broken ribs was it not for the vest. That 3DF stuff is the bomb. I would suggest something like this over a roost vest and in fact I think I'll replace my roost protector for a moto version of this for when I ride my Honda.

Cheers Scott.