Rors' non-theoretical pipedream stuffabout hoon bike

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
The only thing I wish I’d gone with is a tan saddle, other than that I think it looks mint
It's probably a good thing...

The thing with building up custom-spec bikes is, once you change that final part and look at it and think "Now... Yep, now it's perfect." suddenly you've sold it and are building another - generally with a more expensive frame and parts spec. Don't ask me how I know. :oops:

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title

The thing with building up custom-spec bikes is, once you change that final part and look at it and think "Now... Yep, now it's perfect." suddenly you've sold it and are building another - generally with a more expensive frame and parts spec. Don't ask me how I know. :oops:
I know how you know, I’ve seen your PYRs!
It still might end up with tan walls when I get another set of wheels

Litenbror

Eats Squid

I feel seen.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男

You've sold it? That's crazy talk.

Rorschach

Got out this morning for what turned out to be a more exploratory ride as my BIL and riding buddy wanted to try a new trail.

Did some XC trails to find it, and the bike was really responsive if a bit twitchier than I’m used to. Definitely rewards picking lines compared to the Prime, as the rigid rear end popped up to slam me in the gooch a couple of times to remind me I hadn’t put my saddle down!
Was pretty fun to climb with and I didn’t notice not having the oval ring that my Prime does.
Didn’t get to jump it, but was a decent shakedown.
The trail we hit was an unsanctioned one and would not be one I’d ride with a hardtail again. Steep and sketchy and needed the longer wheelbase and slacker head angle of the Prime
I need some more time on it, but first impressions are good

Rorschach

Sounds like the right place for a Honzo
This is true, it’s more a reflection of what I’ve been riding and what I’m used to than anything else. The Honzo feels nervous and twitchy where the Prime feels planted. With a bit more time on it I think I’d be comfortable

Reactions: PJO

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Got out this morning for what turned out to be a more exploratory ride as my BIL and riding buddy wanted to try a new trail.

Did some XC trails to find it, and the bike was really responsive if a bit twitchier than I’m used to. Definitely rewards picking lines compared to the Prime, as the rigid rear end popped up to slam me in the gooch a couple of times to remind me I hadn’t put my saddle down!
Was pretty fun to climb with and I didn’t notice not having the oval ring that my Prime does.
Didn’t get to jump it, but was a decent shakedown.
The trail we hit was an unsanctioned one and would not be one I’d ride with a hardtail again. Steep and sketchy and needed the longer wheelbase and slacker head angle of the Prime
I need some more time on it, but first impressions are good

What trail did you hit?